October 23, 2018 - Coach Education Grant Now Available
The Pacific Swimming Board of Directors, Investment Committee and Club Development Committee, announce the next set of grants available to Pacific Swimming Clubs. This grant program covers four years, with clubs eligible to earn grants from Pacific Swimming for Facilities/Site Enhancement, Athlete Equipment, Coach Training and Olympic Trials Support.
This year's grant focuses on Coach Education. Clubs may apply for a grant ranging from $1,250 to $2,000. Ideas for ways that clubs can use this grant include:
- Clinic reimbursement
- Educational materials
- Mentorship support
- Related coursework
Examples: ASCA World Clinic, NorCal Clinic, USA-S regional clinic, educational materials, ASCA Life Membership, books, DVD's, GoSwim subscription, etc.
Club requirements for Equipment Grant:
- Clubs shall be in good standing with Pacific Swimming, i.e., no outstanding obligations and current on registrations
- Clubs shall be represented at the May 19 or October 14, 2018 House of Delegates meetings
- Clubs shall have working officials at a minimum of:
- One official for clubs under 100 members
- Three officials for clubs from 101 members to 200 members
- Five officials for clubs over 200 members
Note: a “working official” is one who has worked at least ten sessions per year and must be attached to the club during the qualification period of Sept 1, 2017, to August 31, 2018.
Grant awards will be as follows:
- Clubs between 25 and 100 year-round members will receive $1,250
- Clubs from 101 to 200 year-round members will receive $1,500
- Clubs over 200 year-round members will receive $2,000
- We will recognize multi-site clubs (with over 150 athletes per site)
Note: clubs must have at least 25 year-round, attached athletes, and cannot be collegiate clubs.
For full details of this year's program, click here. Deadline to apply for approval is December 31, 2018. Receipts may be submitted up to HOD, May 19, 2019.