February 9, 2017 - Junior Olympics Update
JUNIOR OLYMPICS UPDATE
In response to the concerns being raised regarding the upcoming Junior Olympic meet we have reviewed the situation and would like to provide some reassurances and clarifications. Pacific Swimming will do everything we can to accommodate swimmers who make cuts to participate in this meet and work to keep teams together. Swimmers who have their cuts already should not wait to enter this meet, they should enter as soon as they can.
THE CLOSING OF THE PRIORITY ENTRY PERIOD
The priority entry period will end on Friday February 10, at 11:45 pm and the meet will reopen at midnight. At that time, all non-assigned teams will be able to enter either meet. Teams assigned to a specific venue must still enter at their assigned venue. Entering a venue other than your team assigned venue may result in removal from the meet.
IF THE CONCORD MEET CLOSES PRIOR TO THE ENTRY DEADLINE
Due to venue constraints, the closing of the Concord meet will be determined by the timeline. If the Concord meet closes before the meet entry deadline, the Carson City meet will then open to all teams.
If a swimmer makes a cut in an additional event and is already entered in the meet, you WILL still be able to add that event, even if the meet has closed. There will an entry process posted on www.pacswim.org that will allow coaches to enter their swimmers in additional events if the meet has closed. The additional payment, by cash or check, will be required at the meet prior to checking in for their events.
If a swimmer makes a brand-new cut and is not already entered in the meet, we will make every effort to add them to their team assigned venue. The entry process will be the same as above and payment will be due prior to check-in.
Pacific Swimming understands this situation is challenging for many of our teams, however the Concord site is limited in the number of participants it can accommodate. We will try to be as flexible as possible in handling your concerns and issues as they arise, but we do have to consider meet logistics and a positive swimmer experiences for both venues regarding these decisions. Thank you for your patience and continued support.