April 30, 2019 - Looking for Officials for Both Western Zone Championship Meets
The Western Zone sponsors 2 Championship Meets every summer and both meets are open for Evaluation/Mentoring. The Western Zone has a funding program for officials who work all but one session of either of these meets
- Western Zone Senior Championship Meet, July 30-Aug. 3 in Clovis, CA
- Western Zone Age Group Championship Meet, Aug. 7-10 in Gresham, OR.
The Western Zone is the only Zone that has an Officials funding aspect to the Meets. Officials' funding to these meets is to promote quality officiating throughout the Zone and to identify officials who are ready to advance and work assigned positions at these meets. Each of these meets will be an Officials Qualifying Meet (OQM) and evaluations for all positions are possible. There will also be a Mentoring aspect with these meets - more experienced officials working with newer officials to large meets. Both of these meets offer a great chance to experience and work larger meets, in a learning mentoring environment, where experiences can be take back to the locals LSCs.
Criteria for funding:
- Be an official in good standing from an LSC in the Western Zone
- Can't be funded from another source
- Attend and work 80% of the sessions in the meet (can miss one session)
- Must participate in the mentoring program, which will be a part of each meet
Here are the Meets and the links for applications :
WESTERN ZONE SR. CHAMPIONSHIP MEET - July 30 - Aug 3 Clovis California - Meet Referee Mary Jo Swalley
WESTERN ZONE AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS - Aug. 7 - Aug. 10 Gresham Oregon - Meet Referee Mike Dilli
Questions? Contact Mike Dilli, Western Zone Officials Coordinator