July 12, 2017 - New Background Check Vendor for USA Swimming Members
On April 1, 2017, USA Swimming transitioned from the background check vendor, SterlingBackCheck, to its new partner, IntelliCorp Records. This should not have a significant effect on the process by which members complete their background checks. The process remains as follows:
1. When your previous background check is about to expire, members will initiate the background check through the USA Swimming website
a. New members will select Option 1: New Member Background Check
b. Renewing members will select Option 2: Renewal Background Check
2. The member will be redirected to the IntelliRecords USA Swimming portal where they will be asked to:
(1) digitally sign a Disclosure, Authorization, and the USA Swimming Code of Conduct;
(2) fill out their personal information and submit payment.
3. The cost for all members the first time they complete a background check with Intellicorp is $38. Subsequent renewal checks are $18.
4. Results will be returned to the member via email within 7-14 business days.
5. Results will be automatically updated in SWIMS to reflect the new BGC expiration date.