We hope all the coaches enjoyed coming to hear our USA Swimming High Performance Consultant, Russell Mark, speak this past weekend. We will continue to look for opportunities to bring these events to coaches and clubs.
For any questions or comments regarding Club Development, contact Don Heidary, Club Develpment Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pacific Swimming Board of Directors, Investment Committee and Club Development Committee, announce the next set of grants available to Pacific Swimming Clubs. This grant program covers four years, with clubs eligible to earn grants from Pacific Swimming for Facilities/Site Enhancement, Athlete Equipment, Coach Training and Olympic Trials Support.
This year's grant focuses on Athletes and Equipment. Clubs may apply for a grant ranging from $1,000 to $1,500. Ideas for ways that clubs can use this grant include:
- Training equipment
- Video analysis
- Dryland equipment/program
Examples: Finis training equipment, a Dr. G video session, a consultant, Bridge, med balls, underwater camera, TRX, etc.
Club requirements for Equipment Grant:
- Clubs shall be in good standing with Pacific Swimming, i.e., no outstanding obligations and current on registrations
- Clubs shall be represented at the May 6 or October 8, 2017 October House of Delegates meetings
- Clubs shall have working officials at a minimum of:
- One official for clubs under 100 members
- Three officials for clubs from 101 members to 200 members
- Five officials for clubs over 200 members
Note: a “working official” is one who has worked at least ten sessions per year and must be attached to the club during the qualification period of Sept 1, 2016, to August 31, 2017.
Grant awards will be as follows:
- Clubs between 20 and 100 year-round members will receive $1,000
- Clubs from 101 to 200 year-round members will receive $1,250
- Clubs over 200 year-round members will receive $1,500
Note: clubs must have at least 20 year-round, attached athletes, and cannot be collegiate clubs.