Job postings are free to Pacific clubs; $50 for one month otherwise. If you are a Pacific Club interested in posting, email email@example.com with your job description. Non-Pacific clubs/organizations need to fill out a payment information form as well as send in their job description. Jobs will be posted upon receipt of payment.
If we have listed your opening, we would appreciate it if you would let us know when the position is filled or you no longer wish to have us list your advertisement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEAD COACH POSITION with Wine Country Aquatics (Napa, CA)
Wine Country Aquatics (WCAN) in Napa is a small, enthusiastic, year-round competitive swim club. We’re seeking a Head Coach who is not only passionate about making every child on the team the best swimmer he/she can be regardless of age or current ability, but also genuinely interested in the management and business side of our team.
This position averages twenty hours per week, including approximately three hours per day coaching on deck Monday through Friday, two hours of administrative duties per week, and roughly one swim meet per month. The times on deck vary depending on High School schedules, but are often 5:00 to 7:45 pm. Our practices are held at Napa High School and Vintage High School.
- Creates, directs and delivers workouts for multi-leveled swimmers across all age groups from 6-17.
- Sets goals for each age group as well as for individual swimmers.
- Provides regular feedback to all swimmers as well as to parents.
- Establishes a safe, respectful, educational environment.
- Recruits new members.
- Hires and supervises assistant coaches.
- Schedules, organizes and manages WCAN swim meets (usually two per year).
- Attends monthly Board of Directors meetings and presents a coaches report.
- Creates and maintains pool schedule. Submits seasonal pool request forms and interfaces with facilities management.
- Creates and manages the summer lesson program.
- Maintains WCAN Pacific Swimming Website.
- Handles new swimmer paperwork.
- Helps with collection of payments.
- Has fun!
- Prior swim coaching experience
- Competitive swim experience preferred
- Prior managerial experience preferred
- USA Coaching credentials
- Expertise with current best practice swim technique and training methods
This position is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter to Debbie Izzi, WCAN Board of Directors Treasurer, at Debbie@izziproduction.com Posted 4/16/18
HEAD COACH POSITION with Piranha Swimming (Rohnert Park, CA)
Piranha Swimming has been a part of the Rohnert Park community for more than 30 years. This is an exciting opportunity for a new head coach to help grow our team and work with a strong parent volunteer base that will help support the future of the Rohnert Park Piranhas.
- Prior coaching experience and knowledge of aquatic/swim team programs.
- Practice is held at Honeybee pool in Rohnert Park which is a 6 lane/25 yard pool.
- Coaching hours run from 3:45pm-6:30pm M-F with flexibility to hold Saturday morning practice and/or early morning practices depending on membership.
- The position requires 10-20 hours per week on deck in addition to 10-15 hours per week administrative duties.
- Attending an average of 2 swim meets per month depending on the season.
- Will work directly with the Piranha Swimming BOD.
- Salary is based on the level of experience.
- Successful completion of all required USA Swimming coaching credentials.
- Piranha Swimming will reimburse Head Coach for the cost of all USA Swimming membership and other required courses.
- Design and oversee season training plans and daily workout plans for all groups.
- Hiring and overseeing coaching staff.
- Responsible for all levels of swimming in the existing program.
- Setting goals for each age group.
- Participate in individual goal setting for all swimmers.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
- Reports monthly to the BOD on the teams development and growth.
- Coordinating of team parent volunteer and group activities.
- Daily communication with parents.
- Handles all new swimmer paperwork.
- Collects and tracks payments and delivers to the team treasurer.
Please submit your resume to the Piranha Swim team BOD at email@example.com
Include two paragraphs explaining your leadership/coaching style and why you believe that you will be a good fit for our team as the new head coach. Posted 4/4/18
AQUATICS COORDINATOR with City of Berkeley
The City of Berkeley is accepting applications for Assistant Aquatics Coordinator to fill two temporary, hourly vacancies. This class is responsible for assisting with the organization and direction of City aquatics programs. Incumbents assist in planning, directing, and implementing Citywide water sports and aquatics center activities. Specialized knowledge of advanced swimming techniques and acceptable standards and methods of pool maintenance and water quality control is required. This class is distinguished from Aquatics Coordinator in that the latter has overall supervisory responsibility for City aquatics centers and aquatics programs.
Typical duties include:
- Assists in aquatics center and program planning, organization and implementation
- Recommends staffing, coordinates staff assignments and program scheduling and participates in the recruitment, interviewing, testing and training of new staff
- Completes staff evaluations and organizes training and safety practices sessions
- Writes staff training materials
- Monitors the progress and effectiveness of aquatics programs and recommends necessary improvements
- Updates brochures and poster layouts, prepares mailing lists and arranges for publicity in local media
- Sets up fund raising events and activities such as swim-a-thons
- Organizes and directs volunteers for specialized aquatics programs
- Provides volunteer training and organizes recognition events
- Surveys program participants to develop program feedback
- Monitors the collection and deposit of program receipts
- Handles aquatics section payroll and prepares periodic program reports
- Participates in the preparation of program budgets and quarterly reports
- Monitors supply needs and requisitions necessary supplies, materials and equipment
- Plans, organizes, schedules and staffs aquatics programs and coordinates swim team and program schedules
- Enforces safety and operating procedures; on an assigned basis supervises a City aquatics center and lifeguards as necessary
- Sets up aquatics facility rentals
- Performs pool and pool area maintenance checks for aquatics centers and observes program and staff activities
- Participates in special maintenance and "clean up" projects
Equivalent to graduation from high school
Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in recreation or aquatics program planning, coordination or leadership which included one (1) year of lead experience in the principles and techniques of effective supervision. College level coursework in recreation, physical education or closely related field may be substituted for the experience on a year for year basis.
Must possess a valid Water Safety Instruction Card which requires an advanced Life Saving Certificate and successful completion of first aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training.Equivalent to graduation from high school
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Aquatics program activities, including swim instruction classes, swim tournaments and aquatics sports
- Water safety and life saving techniques
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid techniques
- Modern swimming methods and instruction techniques
- Community aquatics program needs for all ages
- Basic supervisory principles and practices
- Rules and regulations pertaining to pool management and aquatics programs
- Basic principles of first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Team sport scheduling, including selection and coordination of team schedules
- Pool maintenance and water chemistry.
- Motivating and providing encouragement for participation in aquatics programs
- Implementing multi faceted aquatics programs
- Identifying community aquatics needs and recommending programs to fulfill them
- Planning, staffing and scheduling aquatics programs and events
- Performing life saving techniques, cardio pulmonary resuscitation and basic first aid
- Exercising sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines
- Preparing clear and complete reports of program activities and other written correspondence
- Maintaining organized and accurate records of swim instruction classes and other aquatics programs
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
SALARY: $28.28 - $32.88 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 3/19/18
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Applicants must submit the following:
- City of Berkeley Employment Application
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- Copy of Water Safety Instructor Card, advanced Life Saving certificate, and CPR and first aid certificate.
This recruitment is open until the positions are filled. Faxes and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Resumes are not a substitute for a completed application.
The examination process will consist of:
- Review of applications for minimum qualifications for the position.
Applicants passing all examination phases will have their names referred to the hiring department(s) will use to conduct final selection interviews. Hiring Department(s) will contact applicants directly if selected to participate in their hiring/selection process.
Candidates under final consideration for employment with the City should expect to undergo an employment background / reference check that may include, but is not limited to: employment history, confirmation of educational credentials and degrees, licenses including driver's license, registrations, certificates, and other credentials as part of the appointment process. Some positions, depending on the nature of the work, also require a credit check and a review of Summary Criminal History obtained from the State Department of Justice through Live Scan fingerprinting.
DISCLAIMER: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Tests may consist of any combination of written, oral or other exercises or assessment procedures that test content. Components may include, but are not necessarily limited to, typing, math, reading, writing and analytical skills; problem solving ability; computer and software proficiency, or any other job-related knowledge, skill, ability or qualification. The City may, without notice, change or eliminate any particular assessment component or combination of components as needs dictate.
All City employees are required to provide services as Disaster Service Workers in the event of an emergency/disaster.
Exam Access Accommodation: In compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, the City of Berkeley will employ and promote qualified individuals without regard to disability. The City is committed to making reasonable accommodations in the examination process and in the work environment. Individuals requesting reasonable accommodations in the examination process must do so no later than the final filing date for receipt of applications, otherwise it may not be possible to arrange accommodations for the selection process. Such requests should be addressed to the Human Resources Department | 1-510-981-6800 | firstname.lastname@example.org |2180 Milvia 1st Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704. Requests can be made via email, phone, or in writing via U.S. mail.
Alternative Application Formats: This application material is available in alternative formats upon request. Alternative formats include audio-format, braille, large print, electronic text, etc. Please contact the ADA Coordinator, 2180 Milvia Street, Berkeley | Phone: 1-(510)-981-6300 | TTY: 1-(510)-981-6347| ADA@cityofberkeley.info and allow 7-10 days for production of the material in an alternative format.
The City of Berkeley is an EEO/ADA Employer.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.cityofberkeley.info/hr/
Click for supplemental questionnaire Posted 4/2/18
ASSISTANT COACH POSITION with East Bay Silver Dolphins (EBSD)
East Bay Silver Dolphins (EBSD) in Hercules, CA, has an opening for an assistant swim coach for the age-group and novice program. We are seeking a coach who is excited to work with younger swimmers on developing as a competitive swimmer. We need someone who can bring energy to our young swimmers, and inspire them to be healthy and enjoy the sport of swimming. Competitive swimming experience is required as a prerequisite to this position, but we are willing to train someone who meets all other expectations of the position. There is also an opportunity to add salary if interested in being an assistant coach to our REC program the HERCULES PIRANHAS.
- Assist the head coaches in instructing and running workouts.
- Lead the pre-team Spinners program under the guidance of the head coaches.
- Responsible for 6-8 hours of on-deck coaching during the week depending on groups and availability (weekdays are negotiable).
- Attend 1 meet per month on either a Saturday or Sunday (meet days are negotiable).
- Some general admin duties that could include: parent communication, equipment management, flyer distribution/creation, and/or any other agreed upon admin needs.
- Your schedule is consistent and you are dependable in your position.
- A current coach credential issued by USA Swimming, or willingness to complete and obtain credential prior to starting the on-deck coaching position.
This is a salaried position dependent upon experience and availability.
If interested in the position, please email EBSD at email@example.com providing a letter of why you are interested in our coaching position, availability, experience as either a coach/swimmer or both, and explain your passion for swimming. Please provide your contact information for a follow up to your interest letter. Posted 3/9/18
AGE GROUP & SENIOR ASSISTANT COACHES with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics – Cardinal Site
Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics (Cardinal Site) is seeking multiple assistant coaches to work with competitive & developmental swimmers. We train at multiple facilities in Palo Alto, California, and on the Stanford University Campus
Coaches will be responsible for between 4 - 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and availability. Practices run on weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Part time positions are available.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Coaching and managerial experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Minimum of ASCA Level 1 Certification or comparable.
PASA - Cardinal offers a competitive hourly rate based on qualifications. There are numerous coaching & teaching opportunities available for interested candidates.
Please send a resume & references to Joey Sementelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the program at PASA - Cardinal, please visit pasacardinal.com Posted 3/6/18
SWIM INSTRUCTORS with Milpitas Star Aquatics
MILPITAS STAR AQUATICS seeks talented individuals, who love swimming and enjoy working with children, to join our team. Positions available in both FULL-TIME and PART-TIME, with competitive compensations and benefits package.
Position: SWIM INSTRUCTOR
To perform this job successfully an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Attend training and instructor the Star Aquatics lesson program.
- Provide a safe and extraordinary experience for swimmers, members, and guests.
- Must be present, interact, and supervise all students at ALL times.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with different individuals and groups of people both internally and external.
- Must be ready and abled-body to enter the pool at all times in the event of an emergency or necessity for instructing; able to teach while in the water.
- Minimum 15 years of age
- Some swimming experience; competitive swimming experience is preferred but not required.
- Love Swimming & Passion working with kids
- Swimming Instructor hourly rate starts at $15 per hours based on your experience.
- Extra bonus for good performance.
- Full time salary at a competitive rate and based upon experience
- Star Aquatics is open 7 days a week, offer flexible schedule to fit everyone's need.
- We offer 50% discount of swim school classes for one of their children
- We offer free gym membership to our staff and 50% discount for their immediate family.
- Full time receives Health, Dental, Vision and Paid Time Off
Apply for Position Today!
Star Aquatics is looking forward to work with talented individuals. Please send us your resume and we will contact you soon to schedule an interview! Email: email@example.com Posted 2/28/18
AGE GROUP COACH with Valley Splash
Valley Splash in South San Jose is looking for a new coach for their age group program. Email the Head Coach, Kevin Parizi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Please include resume and any other qualifications you may have. Salary pay is based on experience and there will be opportunity to increase income through private lessons and additional hours during our summer swim lesson program. Posted 1/22/18
ASSISTANT COACH POSITION with SUNN Swimming
SUNN Swimming, a year-round competitive USA Swim Club located in Sunnyvale, CA, is seeking an assistant coach to help run practices and assist in the development of our athletes. Candidates should be energetic, hard working, and enjoy working with children of various age groups and ability. Coaches will work an average of 20 hours per week, with 1 – 2 swim meets per month on the weekends depending on the time of year. Depending on experience a coach could be assigned their own group(s) or assist our Lead Site coaches with their groups. Applicants need to have all of their certifications required by USA Swimming and be able to pass a Background check and pre-employment screening. Compensation is dependent on experience. If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Find out more about SUNN Swimming at www.sunn.org. Posted 1/11/18
SWIM COACH with Mavericks Swim Team (Half Moon Bay, CA)
Beautiful coastal town seeking a head age group coach/ assistant coach to work with swimmers ages 6 ~ 17 and assist to expand our team of 80 swimmers.
- Prior swim coach experience and knowledge of aquatic/swim team programs is required.
- Practice is held at the 6 lane/25 yard HMB High School pool.
- Coaching hours, deck time vary (depending on the HS sports schedule, Fall and Spring), generally 4:30 ~ 6:30pm, 10 ~ 12 hours per week. Administration hours: 15 ~ 20 hours per week.
- 1 ~ 2 swim meets per month.
- Work directly with the Mavericks BOD and HMB HS Athletic Director.
- Pay is dependant on level of experience.
- Membership in USA Swimming and successful completion of all required and approved USA Swimming for safety for swim coaches (First Aid, CPR, Lifeguardingand Safety Training fo r swim Coaches).
- Mav will reimburse Coach for costs of the USA Swimming membership and required safety courses.
- The cost of membership in the American Swimming Coaches association (ASCA) will also be included.
- Hiring and overseeing coaching staff, including coaches meetings.
- Responsible for all levels of swimming in the existing program
- Design and oversee season training plans for all groups
- Design and oversee daily workout plans
- Set team performance goals
- Facilitate individual goal setting process with all swimmers
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility
- Evaluations of team development and coaching staff reported to Board meetings
- Coordinating and arranging of Swim Team Parent volunteer and activities group
- Attendance at all scheduled USS swim meetsMake recommendations on training (seminars, conventions, workshops, etc.) for MAV coaches.
- Daily communication with parents via e-mail.
- Collect and keep track of payments for swimmers and deliver the checks to the treasurer.
- All paperwork for registration, USS Swimming, liability and code of conduct forms filled out by all families and filed in notebook kept at the pool.
- Payroll for staff.
Please contact Cindy Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit resume. Posted 1/10/18
ASSISTANT SWIM COACH with South San Francisco Aquatic Club
Come and be part of South San Francisco Aquatic Club coaching staff. The position would involve working with swimmers age 14 years and under. Candidates should be able to work with entry level to A Level swimmers. Practices are 5 to 6 days a week, depending on meet schedule. Swim Meet commitment is 1-2 meets a month. Administrative duties include tracking daily attendance, responding to emails, planning daily workouts and season plan. The candidate must be able work cohesively with coaching staff and assist with planning team activities. Please provide resume via email to Head Coach Marcus, email@example.com Posted 11/20/17
AGE GROUP COACH with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics - DKS Site
Palo Alto Stanfard Aquatics - DKS Site (Los Altos Hills, CA) is seeking an Age Group Swim Coach to start as soon as possible with a strong availability to move to an Assistant Aquatics Director position in the Spring. The coaching position includes Masters, Clinics, Summer Recreational Team and Dryland Fitness Program, as well as additional compensation for Private Lesson Instruction. Applicants should plan to be on deck an average of 25 hours per week with limited administrative duties. The Assistant Aquatics Director position will be a full-time benefited position and will require administrative duties, inclusive of working with a private club membership. There will be room to grow both positions. Qualifications: Coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level; Strong communication skills; Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages; Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies; Outrageous enthusiasm; Highly motivated team player; Ability to self-motivate and problem solve.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications. We utilize the beautiful Fremont Hills Country Club which is located just South of Palo Alto, CA.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Interested persons should email letter of interest, resume, and references to Head Coach Dana Kirk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted 10/31/17