Job postings are free to Pacific clubs; $50 for one month otherwise. If you are a Pacific Club interested in posting, email email@example.com with your job description. Non-Pacific clubs/organizations need to fill out a payment information form as well as send in their job description. Jobs will be posted upon receipt of payment.
If we have listed your opening, we would appreciate it if you would let us know when the position is filled or you no longer wish to have us list your advertisement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART-TIME SWIM COACH with Los Gatos Swim and Racquet Club
Los Gatos Swim Club is looking for Swim Coaches to help with its swim program. Applicants should be energetic, enthusiastic, and comfortable interacting with parents and other staff on a daily basis. We run a year round program as well as a summer league team.
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Possess:
- Previous coaching/strong swmiming experience, Coaching certification or willingness to become certified.
- Knowledge of proper swimming technique abd fundamentals
- Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
- Positive outgoing personality and patience
- Experience planning workouts and preparing swim meet lineups
SWIM COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Status: Part-time Hourly
Compensation: Hourly depending on experience
Job Purpose: Lead and work with the Head Swim Team Coach and members during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Results:
- Responsible for assisting in all levels of the program.
- Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly and competitive environment.
- In the Head Coaches' absence, oversee all aspects of the program.
- Assists with Administration and conducting of swimming meets
- Assist in development and implementation of seasonal training plans for all age groups.
- Assist in planning and running of social events.
- Promotes swim team participation
- Prevents accidents and eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations.
- Responds quickly to all emergency situations and administers any first aid needed by the victim of an accident.
- Observes and enforces all rules and regulations of the facility
- Knowledge of Valley Aquatic League rules and ensures that all members are swimming according to league rules.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Arrives promptly to work
Physical Demands of Position:
- Standing and walking 95% of shift.
- Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
- Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping and grasping.
- Exposure to weather conditions.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
- Exposure to chemicals, inhalation and skin contact.
- Pushing and pulling. See hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.
Applicants please send resume to Shelbi Oskolkoff-Campbell at email@example.com Posted 2/8/19
AGE GROUP COACH with Palo Alto Stanford Aquatics - Rinconada Site
PASA-Rinconada is looking for an experienced coach to work with our age group program. Candidates should have a background in age group coaching and is current on all of their certifications. In addition, the candidate will work with the Head Age Group Coach on scheduling and additional responsibilities. This person will also have a role in the overall PASA program. We are looking to fill this position before the start of summer. Pay will be in line with applicant’s experience. Please submit all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 1/29/19
HEAD SWIM COACH with Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club (Cupertino, CA)
Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club, located in Cupertino, CA, is looking for a Head Swim Coach for our 2019 season -- April 1 through July 14.
Our team is dedicated to providing a fun and supportive team environment, encouraging healthy competition, and improving swimming technique. We have 120 swimmers. We are looking for a coach who can:
- Create a positive and supportive team environment
- Emphasize stroke and turn techniques and conditioning
- Instill a sense of sportsmanship, loyalty, and willingness to work hard
- Mentor assistant coaches
- Plan, monitor, and attend scheduled practice sessions
~12-16 hours per week April 1 through June 8
~20-22 hours per week June 10 through July 14
- Coach one practice meet on a Sunday in May, five dual meets (Saturdays ~8am-noon in June and July), and one championship meet (July 14) in accordance with Junipero Serra Swim League protocol
- Attend swim team activities planned by the Swim Team Committee
- Attend award ceremony following the championship meet. In collaboration with Assistant Coaches, determine awards for swimmers. Announce and distribute awards
- Serve as a member and/or advisor on the Swim Team Committee
- Provide swim clinics and private lessons, if interested.
Potential opportunity for an yearly part time position as an Aquatics Director to oversee swim programs beyond the 2019 season. Current lifeguard and CPR certification required. Background check required.
ASSISTANT SWIM COACH with Sycamore Stingrays Swim Team
Sycamore Stingrays Swim Team (SSST), located in Danville, CA, is looking for an Assistant Coach for the 2019 season. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic coach who is eager about developing our swim program with the Head coach. The Assistant Coach will work with our Head Coach to promote swim proficiency and improve swim stroke technique through detailed instruction to SSST swimmers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head Coach in instructing and running all practices for the spring and summer sessions. Summer Swim Season (SSS) is scheduled to start in April 2019 and ends upon completion of the 2019 Contra Costa County Championship meet, scheduled for the 1st weekend in August, 2019. Based on availability, the Spring season, starting in March 2019, could be included as part of the position.
- The Assistant Coach will be present for all practices and activities for the SSS. SSS includes regular practices up to 5 days a week, as well as regular swim meets and designated invitational meets, which may take place on both Saturdays and Sundays, and social activities.
- The Assistant Coach shall be available to assist the Head Coach in writing practice workouts, compiling practice data, and determining meet entries.
- The Assistant Coach will also have the ability to provide private lessons to swim team members. Income generated from these is that of Assistant Coach (No percentage taken by the team or facility).
- The Assistant Coach should also be able to build strong relationships with swimmers and families, communicating in a timely manner. This includes feedback at meets and practices.
- The Assistant Coach should be reliable, punctual, approachable, and must be dedicated to the Sycamore Stingrays Swim Team.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Ability to work directly with the Head Coach
- Solid ability to teach stroke technique to all ages and skill levels
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder
- Ability to supervise and mentor Junior Coaches as well as younger Deck Coaches
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Emily Braunstein, email@example.com Posted 1/11/19
LEAD COMPETITIVE COACH with SASO Swimming (Solano, CA)
SASO Swimming is seeking a lead competitive coach to work with swimmers in our competitive team. SASO Swimming is a year-round USA swimming program in the Solano area. The team also offers USA Masters Swimming, a USA water polo program, Learn to Swim program and a summer recreational program.
On-deck coaching and prep from 3:30-6:30 pm Monday - Friday and Saturday mornings. The coach will be responsible for daily, weekly, and season planning for the competitive team. The coach will typically attend 1-2 meets per month.
Lead Competitive Coach - Administrative Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Head Coach to develop and oversee curriculum and practice schedules for the competitive team.
- Work directly with the Head Coach to maintain the direction of the program to follow the long-term plan. Assist the Head Coach in developng this plan.
- Assist with the administrative duties for the team, which includes commmunication to swimmers and parents, develop and implement strategies to retain swimmers and assist with marketing and development of all SASO programs.
- Direct involvement with the oversight of the Learn to Swim Program - work directly with Head Coach.
- Supervision of the assistant coaches, as assigned by the Head Coach. This includes oversight of training plans, schedules and other.
- Attend all meets as agreed upon with the Head Coach. Assist with the travel meets for all meets attended for groups that the coach oversees.
Compensation for this position would be based on qualifications and availability. Meet stipends are paid for all away meets. Additional compensation would be available with the development of additional programs (Masters, polo, lessons).
How to Apply
ASSISTANT COACH with AHI Swim Team (American Canyon, CA)
AHI Swim Team, located in American Canyon, CA, (Napa County) is a program of excellence instilling a lifelong love of swimming. We are a Spring/Summer Recreational Swim Team, part of the Twin County Swim league, serving approximately 140 swimmers age 4-18 in our community. The team is organized and managed by a volunteer parent board, and parent volunteers run the meets.
AHI seeks assistant coaches for the 2019 season. We swim at the American Canyon High School Pool beginning early April through mid August. Practices are held weekday evenings in April and May and switch to a combination of morning and evening for the summer. Coach schedules will be considered before summer practice times are finalized. Swim meets are held Saturday mornings with 2 full weekend meets plus one full Saturday meet also planned.
AHI seeks enthusiastic assistant coaches at least 18 years of age with a love of swimming and at least one year of competitive swimming or coaching experience. Assistant Coaches will collaborate with the Head Coach and parent board to inspire young swimmers to do their best as a valuable member of the team, encourage mentorship among swimmers, teach good sportsmanship, and to improve youth swimmer performance at all levels. Current CPR and Lifeguard Certification is required.
AGE GROUP ASSISTANT COACH with Silver Creek Valley Country Club (So. San Jose)
Silver Creek Valley Country Club in south San Jose, California is accepting applications for the position of age group assistant coach. This position will require 2.5 hours of coaching, afternoons Monday through Friday, and some meet attendance (6-8 hours approximately every three to four weeks). This individual will work under the Head Age Group coach with our novice and intermediate groups (ages 5-12). We are offering a competitive hourly rate and there are club perks that go along with the position. To apply please email a letter of interest and a professional resume to Aquatic Director Bill Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call the Aquatic Director at 408-239-5761. Posted 1/2/19
ASSISTANT COACH with Walnut Country Swim Team
Walnut Country Swim Team (WCST) of Concord, CA, is a recreational swim program looking for an enthusiastic and energetic assistant coach for the 2018 season (April-July). WCST strives to maintain a welcoming, fun, community environment where all swimmers are encouraged to improve in a balanced competitive environment. The season consists of daily practices, and swim meets in June-July on most Wednesdays, Saturdays, and some Sundays.
The candidate will be expected to aid the Head Coach in all operations of the team, including:
- Coach all practices and all swim meets for all age groups (ages 4-18).
- Act as a professional and spirited role model for the team.
- Provide consistent and constructive coaching to all level of swimmers.
- Offer private lessons for additional income to swimmers within the approved hours.
- Assist in meet entries and preparation.
- Maintain CPR certification.
Salary is dependent upon experience. To apply, email a resume and a statement of coaching philosophy to the WCST Board of Directors at email@example.com Posted 12/27/18
PRE-SENIOR /AGE GROUP COACH with San Ramon Valley Aquatics
San Ramon Valley Aquatics is looking for a Pre Senior /Age Group Coach starting January 2019. Good salary and great work environment. Afternoon hours M-F 4-7pm. Must be able to work with 8-12 year olds and must be able to work within the developmental plan of the team.
If interested, contact Head Coach Rich Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org, (925) 833-2407 Posted 11/29/18
AGE GROUP COACH with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking an age group coach to work with swimmers ages 12 & younger. Alto trains at multiple facilities in the Palo Alto area, including the Avery Aquatic Center on the Stanford University campus. The team’s mission is to offer the best developmental and high performance programs in the country.
Coach multiple groups between 3:30-8 pm. Exact hours will depend on availability. The coach will be responsible for daily, weekly and season planning. The coach will typically attend 1 - 2 weekend meets per month.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- urrent USA Swimming coach certifications.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Head Coach Joey Sementelli at email@example.com
To find out more about Alto Swim Club, visit www.altoswimclub.com Posted 11/18/18