Getting a Zone 2 Meet Sanctioned & Ready to Accept Online Entries in Swim Connection
Note, some the tasks need to be completed sequentially, others are not. Indepenent taks should be completed expeditiously to avoid last minute scrambling.
- Forms for Meet Sanctions are available uner the "Meets" tab of this website including sample meet sheets.
- Approximately 120 days before your meet, email your sanction application to Pacific Swimming. The appropriate sanction fees will be collected from the proceeds of the meet when you send in your financial statement to PC. Get this task done early. Pacific Swimming will not provide your meet sheet with a sanction number until this application is submitted.
- Finalize the list of events that you plan to offer in your meet based on the X, Y, Z format and any additional events that you'll be offering.
- If you do not already have on, apply for a Meet Host account with Swim Connection. Be aware that it may take a few days before Swim COnnection approves your meet host application, plan accordingly.
- Get a meet referee and head starter assigned to your meet by contacting Leo Lin, Zone 2 Officials Chair.
- Once you have your initial event list complete and a meet host account, begin setting up your meet in Swim Connection. Start on this task early so you have time to get through the set up and/or get help if you get stuck. Once you have the meet set up, start running trial entries in the meet to see if you have the entry requirements set up correctly. The more robust your set up is the faster it will take Swim Connection to approve your final set up after meet sanction so your meet can go live.
- Complete the draft meet sheet. Please follow the order and wordings that are listed in the 2013 meet sheet template. When the draft is complete, send the Word document to the meet referee for comments and approval.
- After the meet referee approves the draft meet sheet, send the document (still formatted in Word) to Marie Lin, Zone 2 Sanction Chair to obtain zone approval.
- Incorporate any comments/suggested changes from Marie into your meet sheet.
- Once the meet sheet has been approved for sanctioning by Zone 2, Marie will forward the meet sheet to Pacific Swimming for final review.
- If necessary, incorporate any changes/comments suggested by Pacific Swimming, and wait for Pacific to issue the meet sheet a sanction number.
- Make any changes suggested in your Swim Connection meet set up.
- When ready, contact Swim Connection to approve your meet set up. Once your Swim Connection online entry goes live, contact the PC webmaster to ensure that your meet information sheet and online entry link are posted on pacswim.org.