November 19, 2021 - Pacific Swimming Athletes Ineligible for Pacific NW and Four Corners Sectional Meets
Due to restrictions, the Sectional Meets for Pacific Northwest in Federal Way, WA, March 10-13, 2022, and Four Corners Sectional Meet in Austin, TX, March 24-27, 2022, are closed to entries from outside certain boundaries. Pacific Swimming teams/swimmers will not be allowed to enter these meets. If your team was planning on attending one of these meets, please make alternative plans. See details below.
Western Region Section,
The Section Board has been in communication with both the KCAC (Federal Way, WA) and UT (Austin, TX) facilities. In response to recent announcements from KCAC, we are planning to proceed with the Pacific Northwest Sectional meet at Fed Way March 10-13 and the Four Corners Sectional Meet at UT March 24-27.
Please note the following:
Pacific Northwest Sectional Meet Federal Way, WA March 10-13 Information.
The meet will proceed as planned at KCAC with the following modifications (as of Nov 15, 2021):
- Face Masks will be required
- Proof of Vaccination/Negative Testing Requirement for facility entry- All participants must provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within last 72 hours. Unvaccinated attendees will need to test during the meet to fulfill the requirement for a 4 day event.
- There will be Limited On-Site Parking (166 spaces only front side). Additional parking at the Ball Field Parking (200+ spaces) will be available.
- No Out of Pacific Northwest Section athletes. No Cross Section Registration of Four Corners teams for NW meet.
- Lobby/Vendor Concessions will not be open.
- If there are under 625 athletes, the section board has voted to waive athlete re-imbursement and allow the host to retain all meet revenue.
- KCAC will be hosting multiple events between now and our Section meet. We are hoping for protocol clarity and a more streamlined process by March.
In good faith, this is what we can expect at this time. As with all COVID decisions, we are making the best projection of what we expect based on the information available to us at this time. Final conduct of the event may change based on local restrictions.
Four Corners Sectional Meet in Austin, TX March 24-27 Information:
- Face Masks will be strongly recommended
- 150 athletes will be allowed from the Pacific Northwest Section only.
- There will be NO cross-registration of Four Corners teams for the Northwest Section Meet in Federal Way
- Cross Section Registration for Pacific NW teams ONLY to attend the Four Corners Section meet will open on Monday, November 22, at 12:00 pm (Noon) CENTRAL time.
- Limit 50 per team Only teams from the following LSC's are eligible: Alaska, Hawaii, Inland Empire, Montana, Oregon, Pacific Northwest, Snake River and Wyoming. No other LSC's or teams are permitted.