Job postings are free to Pacific Swimming clubs; $50 for one month for non-member clubs. Please email email@example.com with your job description to be posted. Non-Pacific Swimming clubs/organizations will receive an invoice allowing them to pay the ad fee and job descriptions will be posted upon receipt of payment.
If we have listed your opening, we would appreciate it if you would let us know when the position is filled or you no longer wish to have us list your advertisement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
AQUATICS MANAGER AND SWIM COACH with University Club of Palo Alto
- Cover four to five University Club Sharks swim practices per week plus weeknight and weekend swim meet coverage, May-July.
- Work with swimmers at an introductory level.
- Help maintain and build program to ensure University Club member satisfaction.
- Guide and develop Junior Assistant Coaches in teaching proper fundamentals to younger swimmers.
- Cover five to six Matadero Creek Aquatic Club (MCAC) swim practices per week plus weekend swim meet coverage, September-July.
- Organize and develop practice regimens.
- Provide feedback to athletes and collaborate with other coaches.
- Uphold positive group dynamics along with challenging workload.
- Work to build groups beyond current structure.
- Five to six University Club Masters swim practices per week plus partial weekend swim meet coverage.
- Introduce weekly or bi-weekly clinics for University Club membership.
- Develop and lead various clinics for swimmers of all levels in the following areas:
- Competition starts & turns.
- Stroke Technique.
- Conditioning or Triathlete based swims.
- Water Polo
- Develop and lead various clinics for swimmers of all levels in the following areas:
- Encouraged to fill schedule with unlimited amount of swim lesson instruction so long as it does not interfere with practice coaching hours and still allows for timely completion of administrative duties.
- Help train Assistant Instructors to teach proper methods while instructing swim lessons.
- Provide timely email and phone communication in response to departmental inquiries.
- Provide advanced notice to program participants regarding practice or meet information.
- Assume individual and program billing assignments.
- Assist with swim team entries for summer swim team and educate year-round families on how to complete entries for USA or Pacific Swimming meets.
- Ensure safety of the pool facility while on the grounds.
- Oversee Junior staff of Coaches and Instructors.
- Support Lifeguard supervision.
- Graciously interact with University Club Membership on a day-to-day basis.
- Work to resolve issues related to the Aquatics department or facility.
- Attend monthly Swim Committee meetings.
- Attend monthly Zone 1 North and Peninsula Swim Association meetings.
Opportunities for Development
- Create and instruct in or out of water fitness classes and personal training.
- Conduct interviews for staff openings.
- Pursue Certified Pool Operator certification.
- Begin or expand upon existing American Swim Coaches Association education and certifications.
Interested candidates should please submit resumes to email@example.com Posted 7/28/21
FULL-TIME SENIOR 2 COACH with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking a Full-time coach to lead the Senior 2 Group.
Alto trains at multiple facilities in the Palo Alto area, including the Avery Aquatic Center on the Stanford University campus. The team’s mission is to offer the best developmental and high performance programs in the country.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the Lead Senior 2 Coach is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program.
Coach the Senior 2 Group from 5 - 8 pm each night and assist with additional practice groups when the training schedule allows. The coach will be responsible for daily, weekly and season planning. The coach will typically attend 1-2 weekend meets per month, as well as travel meets and training camps throughout the year. In addition to on-deck responsibilities, the coach will be responsible for various group and team administrative duties.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Professional, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Head Coach Joey Sementelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about Alto Swim Club, visit www.altoswimclub.com Posted 7/23/21
AGE GROUP COACH with City of Morgan Hill Splash Aquatics
The City of Morgan Hill Splash Aquatics is look for a part-time coach to join our coaching staff.
Splash Aquatics runs a swimming and water polo program for youth in our community. The Assistant Aquatics Coach position will work with participants from 5 to 17 years of age, including individuals with special needs, to provide swim workouts and to teach and improve swimming form. This position is under the general supervision of the Aquatics Center Recreation Coordinator.
School Year August-May: 10 to 20 hours per week, Monday through Thursday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Summer June & July: 18 to 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM and on Saturdays if we run swim meets.
Applicants must be willing to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
The salary range for this position is $18.00 to $21.00 per hour. This is a year-round, part time position.
Application and Selection Process
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity submit an application and answer any supplemental questions to be considered for the position. Please be advised that the closing date may be extended.
Applications will be screened and those applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be invited to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, a TB test and background check must be completed, including fingerprinting for submission to the Department of Justice.
Examples of Duties
- Lead participants in planned, structured workouts provided by the Head Coach.
- Provide feedback to athletes to improve swimming techniques.
- Assistant in the development of the Splash aquatics program to foster both personal and athletic growth among the participates.
- Effectively communicate to supervisor and coaching staff. Keep participants and parents informed about their progress.
- Inform Aquatics Coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
- Ensures the safety of all program participants by enforcement of pool policies and rules; submit accident/incident reports to Aquatics Coordinator within 24 hours of the incident.
- Performs rescues, administers first aid, performs Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and summons supervisors and emergency personnel as required for injuries or other medical emergencies
- Promote team spirit and good sportsmanship at all times.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Graduated from high school or GED equivalent is required.
- Proficient in the English language for verbal and written communication. Bilingual is desirable.
- Possess a courteous, professional manner.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is required.
- Previous experience as a Swim Coach or Water Polo Coach is desirable.
Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certifications along with Safety Training for Swim Coaches must be obtained within three month after hire.
Special Requirements- Position requires availability as follows:
- August-May: 10 to 18 hours per week, Monday through Thursday from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM. These hours could vary.
- June & July: 18 to 30 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM and Saturdays if we run swim meets.
- Applicants must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Applicants must be physically capable of sustained walking, standing, or climbing.
- Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours; including evenings, weekends and holidays. Applicants must be willing to wear City of Morgan Hill uniform.
If interested apply using the link to apply https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/morganhillca Posted 7/23/21
AGE GROUP NOVICE COACH with Vallejo Aquatic Club
Vallejo Aquatic Club (VJO) is seeking an Age Group Coach for our Novice Groups starting August 23, 2021. Swim Team practices are held year round from 4-6 pm M-F at the Cunningham Pool in Vallejo, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: coaching age group swimmers (Novice 10 & Under Group and Intermediate 10-13 year old Group), working primarily on stroke technique and aerobic conditioning, tracking daily attendance, attending scheduled meets, team functions and coaches meetings.
Qualifications: Coaching experience, swim lesson instructor experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club and/or collegiate level needed. USA Swimming Coach Certification needed; including safety training, Athlete Protection, CPR and background check (or ability to do so right away). Wage is based on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Part-time (10-14 hours per week)
AGE GROUP COACH with Napa Valley Swim Team
The Napa Valley Swim Team (NVST) is seeking a part-time coach to join our well-established coaching staff. This coach will be in charge of two pivotal levels: Age Group 2 (ages 9-11) and Advanced Age Group (ages 11-14). NVST operates out of one of two pools (depending on time of year) in the City of Napa in the beautiful Napa Valley. Ideally, the new coach would start on September 1.
Coaching Age Group 2 and Advanced Age Group which includes preparing and running practices consistent with NVST philosophy, communicating with group athletes and parents, and attending meets when group athletes are competing. The job will also include responsibilities arising from being an involved member of the coaching staff, like contributing to wet-side administration and attending staff meetings and team events.
A qualified candidate must:
- Be a fully certified USA Swimming coach including having a current background check, Athlete Protection Training, and all other pertinent requirements, or must prove that status will be attained prior to the job’s start date.
- Have a minimum of two years of coaching experience and preferably three or more.
The ideal candidate should:
- Enjoy working with children and helping with their personal and athletic development.
- Coach with positivity, encouragement, and enthusiasm.
- Love the sport of swimming.
- Be able to work well and communicate effectively with swim parents.
- Be a reliable coworker.
- Have a sound grasp of swimming technique and age-appropriate training concepts.
- Be willing to continue to learn and grow professionally.
This position will pay an hourly rate of $25 per hour for approximately 14 hours per week. The position has potential for growth by mutual agreement of the team and coach.
How to Apply:
Please send an email indicating your interest along with a resume and three professional references to Asher Green at email@example.com. All inquiries will be kept confidential. Posted 7/19/21
FULL-TIME LEAD AGE GROUP COACH with Burlingame Aquatic Club
About Burlingame Aquatic Club:
The Burlingame Aquatic Club (http://www.burlingameaquatics.com), located in Burlingame, is a non-profit, public benefit organization that provides high quality aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the Burlingame Aquatic Center on the campus of Burlingame HS, and we work in conjunction with the City of Burlingame and its Parks & Recreation Department.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (LAGC) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The LAGC is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The successful candidate will be expected to work a minimum of 32 hours per week.
The LAGC will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached. This includes when to alter practice schedule to optimize training, social events, incentive programs, etc.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the LAGC on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The LAGC is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 22-25 hours of practice time per week as agreed to with the Coach, all at the Burlingame Aquatic Center or satellite pool locations, plus additional time spent preparing the facility for practices, meeting with coworkers, and responding to member inquiries. Some administrative work must be done on site at the aquatic facility, in addition to staff meetings. Practice hours include morning practice sessions, early afternoon practice sessions as well as the possibility of evening practice sessions. A typical month will also include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions (An additional 8-10 hours each of these meet weekends).
An additional 5-8 hours per week will be assigned by the HC to perform team-management related tasks.
The LAGC must have a strong background in the sport of swimming (USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background preferred) and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes. He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the technical needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor. The LAGC must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events. The LAGC must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of swimmers. He/she must be able to cooperate with all BAC staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
The LAGC must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. BAC does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Head Coach Ben Chung firstname.lastname@example.org
Wages are paid hourly and are commensurate with experience. Minimum starting wage for this position is $23/hour. Medical coverage for BAC full-time staff is available through Kaiser Permanente.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, with a target start date of August 30, 2021. Posted 7/19/21
HEAD SWIM COACH with Greenmeadow Community Association (Palo Alto, CA)
Greenmeadow Community Association is home to the Marlins — a swim team composed of club member children ages 4-18. Participating on the Marlins is a great way to compete in swimming in a fun and social environment. In addition to strengthening our swimmers' technique and competitive skills, the team gives both members and their children the opportunity to make friends with other families at GMCA.
We are seeking a passionate, sociable Head Swim Coach to lead our team in the upcoming 2022 JSSL season (April-July). Additionally, there will be opportunity to start coaching this Fall on an ongoing basis through our Swim Conditioning program offered all year (August-March).
GMCA Marlins - JSSL Season (competitive): April-July, 20+ hrs/wk
- Plan and conduct 3-3.5 hours per day of on-deck coaching, Monday through Friday
- Effectively communicate with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (in person, email, and phone)
- Coordinate and develop group and individual goals
- Coordinate online meet entries
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required (hours increase w/ swim meets and social functions in June and July)
- Additional coaching hours available through private swim lessons, clinics, classes
Year Round Swim Conditioning (non-competitive): August-March, 15+ hrs/wk
- Plan and conduct 2-3 hours per day of on-deck coaching, Monday through Friday
- Effectively communicate with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (in person, email, and phone)
- Coordinate and develop group and individual goals
- Additional coaching hours available through private swim lessons, clinics, classes
This is a part-time, hourly position. Please email a resume to Caleb Fenner at email@example.com Posted 7/14/21
FULL-TIME HEAD AGE GROUP COACH with Rocklin Swim Team
The Rocklin Swim Team (RST) is looking for a full-time Head Age Group Coach who will work with our USA and summer league swimmers. We are seeking an experienced swim professional who is inspired by our mission and enthusiastic about working with a growing program. We are dedicated to the wholesome development of the aquatics skills for every swimmer that is appropriate to their level of experience and ability. Please visit rocklinswimteam.org to learn more with our organization chart and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation commensurate with work experience.
The Rocklin Swim Team is a non-profit organization that exists for the sole purpose of sponsoring youth swimming activities in the City of Rocklin and surrounding areas. Our organization started in 1995 as a small recreational swim team and grew to encompass all facets of aquatics. We offer a full spectrum of aquatics programs with over 500 swimmers operating at two high school pools in Rocklin, CA. Our programs include:
- USA year-round swim team
- Summer league competitive swim team
- Pre-competitive summer swim team
- Spring and Summer Swim Lessons including Adaptive Swim Lessons
- Fall, Winter and Spring Clinics to extend the season for our summer swim teams
- Responsible for season planning including work out log and coaching on pool deck for age group swim groups from our USA and summer league teams.
- Keeps record of swimmer goals with their best times readily available to use for motivation.
- Creates smaller workout groups within the larger group to provide more challenging workouts.
- Arrives at least 15 minutes early to practices and at swim meets is wearing team apparel.
- Consistently moving on deck to encourage and correct swimmers during practice.
- Never leaves the pool deck while any of their swimmer(s) is/are in the water.
- Attempts to finish workouts with something exciting or challenging each day at practice.
- Maintains control of swim practice with appropriate swimmer direction and discipline.
- Run age-appropriate dryland workouts 2-3 times per week as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and a leader to assistant coaches.
- Aligned with coach staff on the criteria for moving from swim group to swim group.
- Attends coach meetings, team building events, and Board meetings as requested.
- Be knowledgeable to communicate RST and LSC policy and procedures.
- Communicates professionally to families about practice and disburses meet information (schedule, entry, check-in and warmup times, meet results) and answer parent inquiries and emails in a timely manner.
- At swim meets, observe the races and speaks with swimmers before and after swim events.
- Other duties may also be assigned as required.
- Possession of USA Coach Certification or within one month of hire
- Familiarity with Team Unify
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and experience
- Experience as a collegiate swimmer a plus
- History of success coaching swimmers with different range of athletic ability
- Self-directed with organizational, planning and leadership skills
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. Posted 7/13/21
ASSISTANT SWIM COACHES with Bulldog Swim Club
Bulldog Swim Club is seeking two part-time assistant swim coaches to coach age group swimmers at the College of San Mateo from about 3:00-7:00pm M-F. One coach will primarily work with our developmental groups, focusing on developing strong stroke mechanics and introducing elements of competitive training and racing, such as the racing start, flipturns, and using the pace clock. The other coach will primarily work with our swim team groups, will be responsible for writing workouts and managing communications with their primary training group, and will be expected to attend at least two days of swim meets each month. A general curriculum for each group will be provided to all coaches by the Head Coach. All coaches will be responsible for tracking the progress of their athletes.
REQUIRED: 3 or more years of coaching and/or 5 years of competitive swimming experience at the club, high school, or higher level; USA Swimming coaching certifications or the ability to complete or renew the certifications prior to start date; properly demonstrates and explains basic stroke mechanics; can analyze and track swimmers' progress, for stroke mechanics and/or aerobic capacity; communicates effectively and professionally with co-workers and parents; desires to work as a member of a supportive team of coaches, with a growth mindset.
PREFERRED: interest in professional development, administrative duties, and working towards full-time employment; experience setting up and running swim meets; experience with meet manager software; experience with TeamUnify back end; ASCA Level 2 or higher; Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.
Start date is early-to-mid August. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications. To apply, please send a resume and references to Aquatics Manager Nina Pineda at email@example.com; please specify which position you are interested in. Applicants will be reviewed starting Monday, July 12 and the position will remain open until filled. Posted 7/10/21
DEVELOPMENTAL (11 & OVER) & ASSISTANT 10 & UNDER AGE GROUP COACH with QuickSilver Swimming
QuickSilver is seeking two part-time assistant coaches for the south San Jose area. One role is for a 10 & under assistant and the other role is for a developmental coach for ages 11-14 year old athletes. QuickSilver is a USA Swimming Club Excellence Silver Medal team, Club Recognition Level 4, and Safe Sport Recognized Club.
Coaching age group swimmers for an afternoon/evening block from about 3:15-7:30pm M-F and up to two days of meets per month. Qualifications needed include: 1 year of coaching and/or 5 years of competitive swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, and must be able to work in a team coaching environment. Applicants must have USA Swimming coach certifications or ability to complete or renew prior to start date. Part-time hourly position. QuickSilver offers compensation based on qualifications and benefits include medical, vision, dental, chiropractic, acupuncture, life insurance and 4013b. August 2021 start date. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Chief Operating Officer Liv Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 7/1/21
SITE LEAD COACH with QuickSilver Swimming
QuickSilver is seeking full-time site lead coach for the south San Jose area. QuickSilver is a USA Swimming Club Excellence Silver Medal team, Club Recognition Level 4, and Safe Sport Recognized Club.
Coach age group swimmers for an afternoon/evening block from about 3:15-7:30pm M-F and up to two days of meets per month. Plus, administrative duties to manage the site. Qualifications needed include: 2 year of coaching and/or 5 years of competitive swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, must be able to work in a team coaching environment, and a strong communicator. Applicants must have USA Swimming coach certifications or ability to complete or renew prior to start date. Preferred qualifications include experience with bank-end operations, social media savvy, and/or event planning. Hourly and/or Salary non-exempt position. QuickSilver offers compensation based on qualifications and benefits include medical, vision, dental, chiropractic, acupuncture, life insurance and 4013b. August 2021 start date. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Chief Operating Officer Liv Weaver at email@example.com Posted 7/1/21
HEAD MASTERS COACH with QuickSilver Swimming
QuickSilver is seeking full-time Head Masters Coach for the south San Jose area. Manage all masters communication, marketing and organization. Coach on deck-practices and schedule staffing for sites. Coordinate with age group program and facility directors on organization needs. Qualifications needed include: 3 years of coaching experience, 3 years of USMS experience, 3 years of USA Swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, must be able to work in a team coaching environment, and strong organizational skills. Applicants must have USA Swimming and/or USMS coach certifications or ability to complete or renew prior to start date. Salary exempt position. August 2021 start date. QuickSilver offers compensation based on qualifications and benefits include medical, vision, dental, chiropractic, acupuncture, life insurance and 4013b. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Chief Operating Officer Liv Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 7/1/21
COACH POSITION with Pleasanton Seahawks
Pleasanton Seahawks is looking for a coach to fill two coaching positions with their Pre-Senior Group and Pre-Junior Group. The Pre-Senior Group trains from 3:30-5:30 PM and the Pre-Junior Group trains from 5:30-7:00 PM. Email Headcoach@pleasantonseahawks.org for details. Opening begins in September. Posted 7/1/21
LEAD 12 & U COACH with Alto Swim Club
Job: Lead 12 & under coach working with ALTO's competitive age group program. Responsible for all group planning and attending all meets / team events. Professional development opportunities available throughout the year, additional opportunities for compensation based on interest and availability. The position start date will be August 10, regular fall practice begins August 16. Competitive compensation. Contact Laura Mitchell: email@example.com Posted 6/24/21
LEAD VARSITY COACH with Alto Swim Club
Job: Lead coach working with the Varsity Group, ages 13 & up. Responsible for all group planning and attending all meets / team events. Professional development opportunities available throughout the year, additional opportunities for compensation based on interest and availability. The position start date will be August 10, regular fall practice begins August 16. Competitive compensation. Contact Laura Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 6/24/21
ASSISTANT COACH with Alto Swim Club
Job: Assist with ALTO's competitive age group and senior program. Flexible scheduling available. Exceptional communication and teaching skills required. The position start date will be August 16 for the start of the fall season. Competitive compensation. Contact Laura Mitchell: email@example.com Posted 6/24/21
HEAD COACH with Chico Area Swim Association
The Chico Area Swim Association is a non-profit organization under the sanction of USA Swimming that is governed by a Board of Directors. We offer a wide range of programming that is intended to provide a positive swimming experience for the entire spectrum of swimmer, from the beginner to the more experienced athlete who competes at a very high level. Our programming includes MiniJets for younger swimmers, the Chico AquaJets Swim Team to support age-group competitive swimming, and a Masters swim program. We provide the coaching, facilities, encouragement, and opportunity for athletes to experience a highly rewarding and fun group experience in the sport of swimming while achieving their maximum individual potential.
The Swim Association is seeking a Head Coach to direct all aspects of our aquatic programs. The overall objective of the position is to direct a year round USA Swimming program that produces the highest attainable levels of excellence in instruction as well as individual and team performance, in a positive environment. The coach will develop and improve the technical and physical skills of swimming in each participant. This position is responsible for providing a fun and enjoyable environment while orienting participants to competitive swimming. The Head Coach must develop the skills and talents of team members, promote teamwork and sportsmanship, and encourage personal development. The Head Coach will also foster positive relationships, mentor, and communicate well with coaching staff, swim team members, and parents. The Head Coach is expected to work in partnership with members of the Board of Directors, fundraising committee, the coaching staff, and other stakeholders to inform and further the organizational goals and objectives. Applicants should have the proven ability to foster business relationships, assist in securing financial support, and be able to strategize and act to meet or exceed revenue targets. Position is full-time and salaried.
The Board of Directors. Essential Job Functions
A. Team Practice:
- The Head Coach shall organize all team practices.
- The Head Coach is allowed flexibility for the summer workout schedule but must attend both morning and evening hours.
- Absences due to Sierra Nevada related activities (attending out of town meetings, etc.) are excused.
- All substitute coaching assignments due to absences are the responsibility of the Head Coach.
B. Coaching Staff:
- The Head Coach is responsible for the hiring and termination of all coaching staff and to report to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- The Head Coach shall provide supervision and direction for all assistant coaches.
- The Head Coach shall provide written goals and objectives for the coaching staff and submit them annually to the board for review.
- The Head Coach shall perform written evaluations of the coaching staff for review annually.
- The Head Coach shall conduct regular staff meetings with coaching staff.
C. The Head Coach will schedule all team meets.
- The Head coach shall be responsible for designating the appropriate number of coaches to be in attendance at all team meets and dual meets. If the Head Coach will not be present at a meet, he/she shall provide the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, at least one week in advance, with the names of assistant coaches and/or substitute coaches who will be attending the meet.
- The Head Coach shall set the format for all team meets in coordination with the Meet Director.
- The Head Coach will have the opportunity to attend at least one coaching seminar per calendar year with approval from the Executive Committee. The Swim Association will pay the cost of registration, travel and lodging as allowable within the budget for the given year.
- The Head Coach along with the Board of Directors shall be responsible for promoting fundraising efforts and related team activity by informing parents and encouraging the swimmers to participate.
- The Head Coach shall ensure that the coaching staff has met the minimum safety requirements established by USA Swimming.
A. The Head Coach shall report directly to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors regarding all administrative matters.
B. The Head Coach shall attend all regularly scheduled board meetings and:
- Provide the Board of Directors with a monthly review of all team progress and assistant coach performance and make appropriate recommendations.
- Provide the Board of Directors with updates of events relating to Sierra Nevada, NVAL and other legislative bodies.
C. The Head Coach shall be responsible for the recording of attendance at team practices and submitting a monthly report by the following month to the Membership Director.
D. The Head Coach shall participate in the formulation of and execution of the discipline policy for members of the swim team. This policy shall be in writing and shall be included in the registration packet and issued to all swimmers and their parents. The discipline policy stated in the Parent Handbook shall be reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors.
E. The Head Coach shall be responsible for maintaining all personnel files, including written reviews and documentation of meetings with employees. All files must be reviewed annually and updated. All employees must have one on one review at least once a year.
F. The Head Coach must review, approve and have time cards ready for bookkeeper. It is the coach’s responsibility to verify hours and communicate with employees.
G. The Head Coach and/or approved designee shall:
Attend all NVAL scheduled meetings and team sanctioned meets each season.
Be responsible for:
- Maintaining team files monthly.
- Managing swim clinics.
- Providing motivational activities for swimmers.
- Writing and distributing weekly parent communication via email and oversight relative to the team website.
- Manage distribution of other printed material (meet sheets, flyers, etc.).
- Coordinating regular social activities (pizza nights, BBQ"s, etc.).
- Creating monthly attendance rosters for coaches.
- Provide meet results to news media.
- Parent education communications and meetings.
- At least 10 years' coaching experience preferred
- Proven experience running the ‘dry side’ of a youth sports non-profit or other organization.
- Bachelor's degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to present information effectively to large groups of adults as well as children in both instructional and non- instructional settings.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team. Good work ethic and a desire to "get the job done." Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Efficient self-starter that takes initiative while able to accept supervision and direction as required.
- Willingness to share ideas and collaborate.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively.
- Commitment to provide and ability to supervise high quality customer service.
- Proven research skills, including use of the Internet and other resources.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar computer applications.
- Interest and commitment to enhancing the effectiveness of nonprofit organizations.
- Valid driver's license.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, AED and Water Safety Instructor certifications.
- Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and demonstrates flexibility. Excellent organizational skills and pays attention to detail.
- Hold or able to obtain USA Swimming credentials
- Have the desire to represent and connect the organization to the greater Chico community.
Salary and Benefits
The Chico Area Swim Association offers a package of benefits to full time, salaried employees. Compensation will be dependent on experience.
Interested applicants must send a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and one writing sample (preferably a writing sample related to a job function associated with this position) to the email listed above. Resumes submitted without a cover letter, references, and writing sample will be considered incomplete and will NOT be considered.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS VIA EMAIL TO:
Jim Parrott, Immediate Past President of CASA and Chair of Selection Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Chico Area Swim Association (CASA) is an employer committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law. It is the policy of CASA to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. In keeping with that policy, CASA is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination and harassment. Accordingly, CASA will not tolerate unlawful discrimination against or harassment of any of our employees or others present at our facilities by anyone, including any supervisor, co-worker, vendor, client, or customer of CASA. Posted 6/17/21
HEAD SWIM TEAM COACH with Pacifica Sea Lions Aquatic Club
The Pacifica Sea Lions Aquatic Club (PSL) seeks a highly-qualified individual for the position of Head Swim Team Coach. PSL is a local, community-focused club with 175 USA Swimming registered swimmers training and competing under the Pacifica Sea Lions name. As one of Northern San Mateo County’s most successful competitive swim teams, PSL is a year-round competitive program that offers opportunities for all levels of swimmers. PSL is committed to supporting a broad range of swimmers, from the 6-year-old beginner to the 18-year-old National Qualifier.
Our highly-trained and qualified coaching professionals guide each swimmer's career, all the way from entry level to National competition. We focus on training the whole athlete, including nutritional education, mental and emotional health, dryland exercise (including injury prevention circuits and strength & conditioning routines), training and racing strategies and a strong emphasis on technical proficiency in the water. Our team trains in the Jean E. Brink Pool, a 10-lane, 25-yard short course indoor aquatics facility located at Oceana High School in Pacifica, California. PSL hosts multiple competitions per year with the support of their family volunteers.
The head coach must be dedicated to sustaining and strengthening our high performance and comprehensive swim program by cultivating excellence in athletes in the pool and in their lives.
Basic Functions - Head Coach
- Promotes and encourages a positive, progressive, inclusive, supportive, and winning culture while being a pervasive leader, serving as the Head Coach for the entire team.
- Staffing and assigning assistant coaching staff as appropriate to all practices, team events and competitions.
- Serves as the primary PSL coaching point of contact for team coaches, the PSL member community, Zone 1North, Pacific Swimming, and USA Swimming.
- Reports to the PSL Board of Directors and collaborates closely to establish and implement the vision of PSL’s competitive team.
- Works with the PSL Board on the swim team program annual budget and day-to-day finances.
- Maintains a healthy professional relationship with the City of Pacifica Parks and Recreation and City leadership team collaborating on planning and communication
- Collaborates with PSL Board on strategic planning, marketing, vision, communication, fundraising, scholarship program and other key initiatives.
- Recruit, retain, supervise, and mentor productive and effective coaching and instructional staff; conducts goal setting meetings, observes, and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis; plans and fosters continuing education opportunities.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a hiring orientation program for all coaches; complies and ensures club compliance with USA Swimming and Pacific Swimming policies (background checks, membership, etc.).
- Communicates the Pacific Swimming vision and administrative details to competitive team members and families.
- Oversees the maintenance of the updated team roster and all meet results.
- Collaborates with PSL Board to ensure that the team website www.PacificaSeaLions.com hosted on TeamUnify is up-to-date and functioning smoothly.
- Ensures competitive swimmers are registered with USA Swimming and ensures PSL operates in compliance with all Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Aquatics Director to ensure adequate pool space and practice time to run the team practice sessions, clinics, camps, events, and meets; coordinates with vendors and partners where necessary.
- Communicates regularly to club membership about current and upcoming program operations, including competition, social and fundraising events, schedule changes.
- Oversees, with the support of the assistant coaching staff and Board, retention of members, recruitment of new members and processes of onboarding new swimmers and their families.
- Provides a safe environment for PSL team members, team families, meet volunteers, and guests at PSL programs, practices, clinics, camps, events, and meets. In concert with the board, achieve and maintain USA Swimming Safe Sport Club recognition.
- American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) - Certification Level 4 or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Membership with USA Swimming current
- Current American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Protocol Training
- Passion for swimming with a proven record as a coach with 4+ years of top-level experience with strong preference for USA Swimming National level
- Sound technical understanding of swimming and documented high performance results verified by performance; recognized in the swimming field as an exceptional coach; believes in a process for swimmer development, committed to curriculum development.
- Knowledge and management of hosting, bidding for and pursuing meets throughout the year.
- High level of integrity paired with a favorable reputation in the swimming community.
- Demonstrated self-awareness – recognizing emotions, strengths, challenges, drive, values, and goals; with an empathetic and highly relational skill set. Head coach for all.
- Self-motivated and holds self and others to high standards, fosters a culture of accountability that rewards success and mentors for improvement.
- Highly collaborative and committed to a team atmosphere rather than individual achievement.
- Innovative and brings new ideas to transform and grow the club.
- Experience managing and mentoring/developing coaching staff; committed to the hiring and development of excellent coaches with recognition for their achievements; values the success of others.
- Build strong relationships with Pacific Swimming, USA Swimming and the other Zone 1North swim clubs.
- Provide guidance and support to athletes during the college recruiting and/or decision process.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with local high school swim programs while support PSL members participating in HS athletics
- Participation in clinics and other continuing education opportunities for purposes of learning new instruction techniques and best practices regarding swim team management.
- Strong written, oral communication skills, ability to work with a diverse staff population, and autonomous organizational skills
Key Performance/Evaluation Factors
- Growth of team based on revenue, total team members, both due to athlete recruitment and retention year-to-year.
- Performance of team based on USA Swimming Club Excellence Rankings
- Performance of team on the Age Group Level (state-based) and Senior Level (Sectional and National-based)
Direct Supervisor: Pacifica Sea Lions Board of Directors
Key relationships: City of Pacifica Parks, Beaches, and Recreation department leadership, especially aquatics coordinator.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.
Work Schedule: Full-time position. Schedule will vary based upon season and business needs. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com Posted 6/4/21
MULTIPLE COACH AND INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS with Ruby Hill Aquatics (Livermore, CA)
Ruby Hill Aquatics (RHAC) is hiring multiple coaches for both seasonal and year round positions. We are looking for In-Water Instructors for our lesson program and for year-round Age Group Coaches and a Senior Prep Coach. All positions are part-time positions.
Our in-water positions start at $18/hr, our Age Group Positions start at $20+/hr DO, and our Senior Prep position will start at $25+/hr DOE with the ability to be salary depending on the responsibilities that the candidate is willing to take on such as taking multiple groups or being a site lead at one of our pools. The Senior Prep coach could also potentially take on our summer team pushing the pay above $4000/month. All positions have the ability to teach lessons on the side and earn additional income.
A strong swimming background is required for the In-Water instructors and Age Group position to apply. The Senior Prep position requires 2-3 years coaching experience. Lifeguard & CPR/First Aid Training will be provided as well as In-Water Coach's Safety Training. All USA Membership fees will be covered.
AGE GROUP COACH with San Ramon Valley Aquatics
San Ramon Valley Aquatics is hiring an age group coach to start in July or August.
Position would be for swimmers of all levels between 8-12 years of age.
ASSISTANT SWIM COACH & DIVISION LEAD POSITIONS with Santa Clara Swim Club
Santa Clara Swim Club (SCSC) ranks amongst the leading competitive swimming programs in the country with a wide range of ages and swim abilities. SCSC’s mission is to inspire athletes to pursue excellence through the sport of swimming. SCSC is committed to being a world-class organization by providing a safe, positive, diverse, inclusive, and healthy environment for athletes, coaches, officials, and team families.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
Under the direction of the Head Coach and Program Administrator, the Assistant Swim Coach’s responsibilities include coaching varying degree of abilities and diverse groups using best practices and methodologies in a productive and encouraging atmosphere leading the overall growth and development of SCSC and its athletes. The Assistant Swim Coach is expected to maintain a safe and effective learning environment focusing on established goals with the swimmer(s), coaching staff, and club. The Assistant Swim Coach must have outstanding interpersonal skills to foster positive relationships that lead improved outcomes by the swimmers, families, coaching staff and management; and the ability to support personal development of the swimmers on both the wet and dry side of training and competition as appropriate. Must abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and SCSC policies and procedures.
This position is a full-time position with competitive salary inclusive of benefits and opportunities.
Athlete Skills, Duties, and Responsibilities - ~80%
Administrative Duties - ~20%
- Under general direction of the head coach, performs assigned coaching duties in accordance with seasonally outlined curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of SCSC.
- Assists in all aspects of training and coaching with advanced knowledge of the sport of swimming in the areas of skill development, coaching strategies, technique, and mental conditioning.
- Assists with organization and implementation of a dry-land program working with head coach and strength coach.
- Travels to local and away meets, assisting with team coordination and organization.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Assists other coaches/instructors as needed, communicating with counterpart coaches regularly as part of a cohesive program; substituting for other coaches as needed.
- Interact effectively and professionally with parents.
- Assists in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center.
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers.
- Have a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential and exhibit it daily.
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Seek growth through continued professional education, training, and experience.
- Assists with SCSC activities, such as fundraisers, special events, team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluations, home and away meets, and coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assists with the coordination of team travel arrangements.
- Works cooperatively with personnel in the administrative department, SCSC membership and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution (or relevant experience in lieu thereof).
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certified.
- Prefer ASCA Level 3 (ASCA Level 2 minimum for consideration).
- Demonstrated leadership ability and successful coaching experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms.
- Experience in competitive swimming as a participant or a coach.
- Experience in program planning and teaching.
- Ability to teach sound fundamentals of the sport of swimming.
- Thorough knowledge of USA Swimming and American Swimming Coaches Association Policies.
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid – for adult, infant, toddlers.
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood/teenage development.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Satisfactory criminal history background check.
- Mandated reporting requirements of Safe Sports.
- Maintain a valid CA driver's license, a clean DMV record and enrollment in the DMV Employee Pull-Notice Program.
- SCSC is a Tobacco-and-Drugs-Free environment.
- Available to work after hours, weekends, and holidays as required by team schedule.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Please send email to the following firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume (letter of application will be sent to the email address provided for completion).
- List of three (3) current references with contact information.
Job Open Date: March 15, 2021
Job Type: Full time employee
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Pay Rate/Range: $25 to $32/hour [$52,000 to $67,000/year] (inclusive of Section 125 cafeteria health plan benefits)
Additionally, eligible for overtime pay, bonus plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick-days off, etc.
Days/Hours: Monday - Sunday as needed.
SANTA CLARA SWIM CLUB, 2625 PATRICIA DRIVE, SANTA CLARA, CA Posted 3/16/21
HEAD SWIM COACH with North Bay Aquatics (Marin County, CA)
MISSION AND VALUES
Mission: North Bay Aquatics coaches excellence and character through competitive swimming.
North Bay Aquatics (NBA) (http://www.northbayaquatics.org) is a swim team of diverse backgrounds, but we all share the same core values:
- a genuine enthusiasm for engaging in the NBA process, even when that process is demanding
- a competitive fire
- a willingness to bring our best to everything we do, even when no one is looking
- a team-first attitude
We have high expectations of our NBA family—which includes coaches, swimmers, alumni, and supporting families from our more than 15-year history—and we look for new members who are excited and willing to hold themselves to these same standards. North Bay Aquatics has an outstanding competitive Bronze Medal awarded youth program and a robust masters swim program. The NBA family enjoys a strong social engagement to the program built through the camaraderie felt across the team.
Established in 2001, NBA was founded by Ken DeMont, a 4-year All American College Swimmer under the tutelage of Bob Davis and Dick Jochums – two world-renowned coaches who trained multiple Olympic medalists. Senior Group and Masters Coach Don Swartz (an ASCA Hall of Fame coach) has been a part of NBA since 2005. NBA operates as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
North Bay Aquatics has had athletes in the last 3 Olympic Trials and continues to have many Senior National level and Junior National level qualifiers as well as a recent Junior National Champion. USA Swimming has awarded NBA Bronze Medal Club recognition five of the last six years. NBA swimmers regularly go on to swim in Division I, II and III college programs, often for all four years. NBA also runs a successful Masters program with over 150 active members, including everything from professional triathletes, world-class open water swimmers, medal winners at Masters Nationals, and people who just see swimming as a great form of exercise. North Bay Aquatics is at its core a highly competitive program which shares genuine enthusiasm and pride in how the members in its family show up on the pool deck and in the world. NBA is comprised of swimmers predominantly from Marin County, but also from neighboring Napa and Sonoma Counties and San Francisco.
NORTH BAY AQUATICS is currently looking for a leader to become the Head Coach for its competitive Senior level Youth swim program. The Head Coach is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and supervision of the NORTH BAY AQUATICS competitive program (including a, senior/national and pre-senior team.) NORTH BAY AQUATICS currently has approximately 80 competitive swimmers across these two groups.
The Head Coach is responsible for overseeing a vibrant, competitive Senior level Youth swim program that is dedicated to the outcome of quality programming; i.e. swimmers who are life-long learners, competing for their goals and enjoying the holistic process of competitive swimming. The Head Coach reports directly to the Board of Trustees and is a member of that Board. The Head Coach oversees and supervises approximately four part-time coaches
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- Lead and develop a competitive swim team providing technical instrution and motivation
- Define and implement a complete dry-land program
- Organize, run, and/or attend competitive swim events on both local and national platforms - typically attending one to two swim meets per month
- Continuously motivate and inspire the team to be their best, in and out of the pool (aka. be th team morale manager)
- Conduct short- and long-term planning for all team activities including training blocks, swim meets, and culture building / team building events (e.g., annual awards banquet)
- Proactively establish and maintain good swim team parent relations which includes providing appropriate levels of access and communication
- Identify, engage and coordinate with parent volunteers to support swim team activities such as swim meet travel, and swim meet organization
- Collaborate with Operations to coordinate and align on pool schedule, pool space needs and swim meet plans
- Collaborate with Operations to align on team culture, vision and related activities to support the youth programs
- Work with the Operations to propose, review and align on any plans that require budget expenditure
- Recruit, manage, evaluate and mentor assistant coaches
- Proactively develop relationships with key community members to further the reputation and success of NBA including local high school coaches, summer club coaches, local pool managers and operators
- Actively recruit swimmers while developing a good understanding of the pipeline of swimming talent through regular communication and collaboration with all youth coaches
- Liaise with local aquatic groups and participate in local and national coaching associations
- Maintain all coaching certifications
- Lead and/or participate in fundraising and other activities for the general growth and development of the team
- Communicate with local pools regarding operational and/or maintenance issues of the pool facilities
- Stay current on, and participate in, learning opportunities for coaches (i.e., conferences, webinars, articles, videos, etc.)
- As a non-voting member of the NBA Board of Directors, attend quarterly meetings, present timely reports on team progress
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be able to convince NBA that you are up to the leadership challenge
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics
- Minimum five years professional coaching experience with direct influence on success of individual and team success
- Expertise in building and maintaining strong relationships with club members, regardless of ability
- Member in good standing with current LSC
- USA Swimming Deck Pass credentials
- Demonstrated experience working with different communication formats
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience participating at competitive swim events
- Knowledge of USA Swimming operations
- Experience with an organization that is governed by a Board of Directors
- Awareness of, and training in emergency procedures; and the supervision of staff in emergency management
Equal Opportunity Employer
NBA hiring policies require a background check for all applicants working directly with at-risk populations, including this position.
NBA offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and benefits based upon experience.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Posted 3/8/21
HEAD SWIM COACH with Westside Aquaducks (Petaluma)
Westside Aquaducks is seeking a Head Coach. The Head Coach will lead the Westside Aquaducks swim team and foster an environment that supports personal growth and integrity, sportsmanship, and a commitment to athletic and academic excellence. The Head Coach will coach the Senior swim group; supervise and train all Age Group coaches; serve on Westside Aquaducks Board of Directors; serve as the point-of-contact for Pacific Swimming and Zone 3 committees; communicate and coordinate with the City of Petaluma and the Petaluma Swim Center management regarding facilities; manage practice schedules and training goals; manage participation at swim meets and team events; identify immediate and long term development goals for all Age Groups; and provide vision for the team.
This position reports to the Westside Aquaducks Board of Directors.
This is a part-time position with varying hours.
This is a supervisory position. The Head Coach will supervise all age group coaching staff.
Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competitive swimming experience at the Club level and at least 10 years in a leadership coaching position with swimmers age 6 to 18 yrs.
- Knowledge and expertise in teaching stroke mechanics and in dryland training
- Knowledge of current training philosophies in swimming; and embraces a sound developmental philosophy in line with Westside Aquaducks, Inc.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and passion for the sport of swimming.
- Must be able to attend Board meetings and weekend meets/events.
Certifications & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Maintains professionalism under all circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with a team.
- Knowledge of SwimMAC vision, strategies, and values
- Coach Member of USA Swimming.
- Valid Driver’s license with MVR check required.
- Completed criminal background check that meets club's eligibility criteria.
- Current certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR, and First Aid (or commitment to earn certifications by the first day of work).
- Ability to promote diversity, inclusion and sense of team.