Job postings are free to Pacific Swimming clubs; $50 for one month for non-member clubs. Please email email@example.com with your job description to be posted. Non-Pacific Swimming clubs/organizations will receive an invoice allowing them to pay the ad fee and job descriptions will be posted upon receipt of payment.
If we have listed your opening, we would appreciate it if you would let us know when the position is filled or you no longer wish to have us list your advertisement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASSISTANT SWIM COACH with Waves Aquatics Napa Valley (WANV) Swimming
WANV is looking to hire 1 - 2 part time assistant coaches to work with our experienced coaching staff. WANV operates out of two pools in Napa and St. Helena. We are looking to hire a coach at each pool. Throughout the last year we have continued to build our membership.
- Coaching novice, advanced novice age group athletes in the late afternoons and early evenings.
- The planning and preparing of workouts will be required, as will attending regular staff meetings, and responding to emails.
- Properly demonstrate and explain basic stroke mechanics
- Analyze and track swimmers' progress for stroke mechanics and aerobic capacity
- Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers and parents
- Coaches need to have current CPR/AED/First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection Training and Concussion Training.
- 1 - 3 years of coaching or teaching swim lessons is desirable
- Lifeguard certification is desirable, but not required.
- Experience in competitive swimming (high school/college) is desirable
- Applicants need to enjoy working with children, seeing them grow and overcome challenges, and help them achieve their goals.
- Understand the importance of parental involvement in their child’s development and work to help build parent’s understanding of our team and the sport of swimming.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Team Unify
- Part time employees are paid on an hourly basis, rate depending on experience.
- CA labor laws and overtime rules are followed.
- Workman’s Compensation Insurance provide
For inquiries or to apply please email your resume and references to Kevin Twohey – email@example.com
VARIOUS POSITIONS with Scott Valley Swimming & Tennis Club (Mill Valley CA)
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Scott Valley Swimming & Tennis Club, visit www.svstc.com
HEAD SWIM COACH – Full Time
Reports to General Manager, compensation commensurate with experience.
The Club is seeking a dedicated, experienced Head Coach to organize, coach, and lead its Marin Swim League team, the Scott Valley Sea Serpents. The Head Coach will also organize and instruct all other Scott Valley swimming and aquatic programs. The Head Coach will create and develop swim programs to meet member demands, and will train staff to create a safe and enjoyable atmosphere at the SVSTC pools for members and their guests.
ASSISTANT SWIM COACH -- Part Time to Full Time
Reports to Head Coach, year-round, compensation commensurate with experience.
The Assistant Coach will work closely with the Head Coach to teach the Marin Swim League team, the SV Sea Serpents, and to help instruct in all other Scott Valley swimming and aquatic programs. Applicants need to have all of their certifications required by USA Swimming and be able to pass a background check.
AQUATICS OPERATIONS -- Part Time to Full Time
Reports to General Manager, year-round, compensation commensurate with experience.
Works with management and swim staff to help manage all aquatics programs, including lesson bookings, lifeguard scheduling, program marketing, purchasing of products and swim team apparel. Posted 10/19/21
COACHING POSITIONS with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking a part-time Age Group and Developmental Group Coaches.
Alto Swim Club is a premiere team in Pacific Swimming. Alto has approximately 170 athletes with training sites in Palo Alto and Stanford, CA. The team’s mission is to offer the best developmental and high performance programs in the county.
We are seeking qualified and dynamic coaches to work with our Age Group Program. Qualified candidates will have a background in competitive swimming, previous coaching or teaching experience, and expertise in swimming technique. A positive attitude and a passion for working with young people are essential. Compensation is highly competitive.
The coaching positions entail:
- Attending and assisting in swim team practices and meets, between 2-20 hours on deck each week. Hours vary depending on position and your availability.
- Providing instruction which emphasizes the importance of proper technique, teamwork, and sportsmanship
- Organizing productive workouts under the direction of the Head Coaches
- Other duties, as needed
Qualified individuals must demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of swimming technique and teaching skills
- The ability to effectively manage young athletes while motivating and engaging them
- Effective communication with parents, athletes and other coaches
The positions are available and will remain open until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume to Laura Mitchell at email@example.com.
For additional information about Alto Swim Club, visit www.altoswimclub.com Posted 10/13/21
WORKFORCE, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & COMUNITY PROGRAMS AQUATIC LEAD with Cuesta College (San Luis Obispo, CA)
About the College:
Located in the heart of scenic San Luis Obispo County, Cuesta College has provided comprehensive associate degree offerings, certificates, and community programs to the region since 1964. Committed to being an inclusive institution that inspires a diverse student population to achieve their educational goals, we are proud to be designated as an Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education. Cuesta College is committed to racial and socioeconomic diversity that reflects our student population; we strive to hire candidates that share the value of commitment to diversity and inclusion. As part of the Cuesta College team, you can expect to be part of a collaborative community of faculty, classified staff, administrators, students, and community partners advancing educational excellence with intentional support services leading to student success and completion.
Job Description Summary:
This is a revenue-funded position. Position continuance based on continued funding. Additionally, this position requires availability to cover lifeguard shifts, potentially early morning and evening.
Under the general supervision of the Director, Workforce, Economic Development and Community Programs and/or the Supervisor of Community Programs, plans, organizes, and oversees a variety of activities related to the Community Recreation instructional and recreational swimming programs, and perform other related duties as required.
The position of Aquatics Lead is distinguished by the requirement to plan, develop, organize, and implement aquatics and other recreation activities and services, including, but not limited to, lifeguard services, swim lessons, aqua fitness, lap swim, recreational swim and water polo.
This position supports student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness by providing instruction, assistance and safety to children and adults in pool activities, such as fitness, swimming and recreation.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
- Recruits, interviews and recommends selection of lifeguards, swim instructors, aqua-fitness instructors, program aides, and other recreation staff; oversee the training and evaluation of this staff;
- Monitor compliance of industry and American Red Cross standards; enforce and explain rules and regulations; and ensure safety precautions are observed;
- Ensure certification documentation and review;
- Assist in developing the schedule of aquatics and recreation classes and activities, monitor, review and revise as needed;
- Oversee on-deck pool operations, including emergencies and incidents reports, drop-in registrations and payments, patron and staff issues, and outside user needs;
- Assist with the monitoring aquatics budgets, aquatics staff timecards and payroll processes;
- Train and recertify lifeguards and arrange for WSI certification;
- Assist with the scheduling, development, and presentation of staff in-service trainings;
- Complete program and activity assessment and assist in the completion of the Institutional Program Planning and Review process;
- Maintain and update and aquatics manual and assist in maintaining and updating lifeguard, swim and aqua-fitness instructor job descriptions;
- Communicate with campus departments, especially with Facilities and Athletics/PE regarding pool activities and pool-related issues;
- Serve as liaison to community entities for pool use and activities;
- Act as a customer service representative between the department and patrons;
- Provide lifeguard services and maintain order in the pool;
- Rescue persons in distress;
- Serve as liaison to the American Red Cross keeping up to date with regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Teach swimming at various aquatics proficiency levels;
- Complete required paperwork as assigned;
- Facilitate positive teamwork within staff;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, including CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid (may obtain within the first 6 months);
- Title 22 certificate (may obtain within the first 6 months);
- Lifeguard Management Certificate (may obtain within the first 6 months)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor;
- Community First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor;
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or equivalent
- Aquatic Facility Operator and/or Certified Facility Operator
- Experience in aquatic management;
- Supervisory experience;
- College level course work in recreation or related field.
- Pool operations;
- Swimming and teaching six basic strokes;
- Knowledge of principles relating to aquatic activities;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Promote positive relationships in the community;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and of staff and students with physical and learning disabilities;
Physical ability to:
- Withstand exposure to sun and chlorinated water for up to 8 hours per day
- Lift victim from water with assistance and lift aquatics equipment and supplies with or without assistance (approximately 30-200 lbs.)
- Assist with pool covers
- Lift and move up to 50 lbs.
License and Certificates (current within the last year):
• Valid driver's license and eligible to obtain California driver's license upon hire.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to submit ALL of the required documents below when applying for this position. When uploading documents, PDF uploads are preferred.
- Cover letter;
- One current letter of recommendation
- Reference List (see further instructions below);
- Diversity statement (see further instructions below).
Diversity Statement Instructions:
Cuesta College is committed to building and maintaining a workforce that reflects and honors the diversity of our students. It is important to us that our faculty, staff, and administrators demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds as well as sexual orientation and abilities of all constituents in the Cuesta College community.
In 500 words or less, with consideration to our Mission Statement and our values expressed above, please explain how you will demonstrate your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in this position.
Reference List Instructions:
Your reference list must include three professional references, their contact information, and their relationship to you.
Completed online applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date for this position. LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, MAILED OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Below is the full salary schedule range for this position, steps A through E. Per our bargaining agreement, we can only place new employees at Steps A through C, which is the anticipated hiring range also listed below. For a full salary schedule, please see our website: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/humanresources/salary_schedules.html
- Salary Schedule Range: $3,521 - $4,280 per month.
- Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,521 - $3,882 per month.
INTERVIEW PROCESS INFORMATION
Selected applicants will be invited to attend a Zoom interview and written skills test on November 16, 2021.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2524058
Cuesta College will not sponsor any visa applications.
Workforce, Economic Development & Community Programs Aquatics Lead, Cuesta College
Salary: $42,252.00 - $46,584.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY2122-00059
Location: Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo Campus, CA
Department: Workforce, Economic Development and Community Programs
Closing: 10/31/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Additional information about the college can be found at https://www.cuesta.edu/about/index.html
The college planning documents can be found at https://www.cuesta.edu/about/collegeplans/index.html
Our Student Equity Action Plan can be found at https://www.cuesta.edu/about/info/equity/index.html
We offer comprehensive benefit options. Information about benefits can be found at https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/benefits-insurance/index.html
Equal Employment Statement: San Luis Obispo County Community College District ("Cuesta College") is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), age, disability (physical and mental), genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and state law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Cuesta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
In compliance with California law, all prospective staff and students are entitled to read the Annual Security Report, published each October by the Cuesta College Department of Public Safety. This report contains information about our emergency and crime reporting procedures, as well as crime statistics for the past 3 years. You may request a copy of this report at one of our two Public Safety Offices: on SLO campus at Building 6600A or on North County Campus at building N1021, during campus business hours. You may also access the complete text of this report at the following website address: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/publicsafety/clery_act
Cuesta College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records. For further information, visit: https://www.cuesta.edu/about/depts/humanresources/Job_Opportunities.html
The San Luis Obispo County Community College District promotes inclusiveness, prohibits discrimination, and encourages all qualified persons to apply. As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Cuesta College actively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds to assist students, staff, and faculty. For ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) assistance with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources Office: (805) 546-3129. Posted 9/28/21
WOMEN'S SWIMMING COACHING ASSISTANT with San José State University
San José State University Athletics is an integral part of the University and exists to promote the common good through athletic competition by providing equitable opportunities for men and women to compete at the NCAA Division I level. The athletics program strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment emphasizing academics, compliance, student-athlete welfare, fair play sportsmanship and Spartan Pride. https://sjsuspartans.com/
The Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division I Swimming and Diving program including recruiting, team travel, strength & conditioning, student-athlete academic monitoring, public speaking, competition scheduling, budget management, and community/donor relations.
For a complete job description go to https://jobs.sjsu.edu/en-us/job/501672/womens-swimming-coaching-assistant
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose. Posted 9/23/21
HEAD COACH with Vacaville Swim Club
Vacaville Swim Club, a 501(C)(3) swim organization located in Vacaville, California (since 1965) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach. Currently Vacaville Swim Club has approximately 240 swimmers in our year-round program. The goal of our team is to provide our community an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve "Success at Every Level". Our coaching professionals guide each swimmer's career, all the way from entry level to National competition. We focus on training the whole athlete, including nutritional education, mental and emotional health, dryland exercise (including injury prevention circuits and strength & conditioning routines), training and racing strategies and a strong emphasis on technical proficiency in the water.
- At least five full years competitive coaching experience
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications in good standing with Athlete Protection Training.
- Current American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Protocol Training, Background check
- Sound technical understanding of swimming, especially for competition swimming
- Documented high performance coaching achievement
- Experience coaching age group elite swimmers and helping them develop and achieve their swimming goals.
- Experience managing, supervising, mentoring and developing an excellent coaching staff to work toward common team goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and fairly, written and orally, with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated organizational and managerial skills that promotes improvement and team success.
- Knowledge and management of hosting, bidding for and pursuing swim meets for swimmers at all levels.
- Experience with swim meet and team management software including Team Unify, Swim Connection, and HY-TEK.
- Recognized in the swimming field as an exceptional coach
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others (athletes, coaches, parents) to achieve team goals.
- Holds self and others to high standards and fosters a culture of accountability that rewards success and mentorship within the team.
- Highly collaborative and committed to a team atmosphere and individual achievement.
- Committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values diversity and equity.
BASIC FUNCTIONS - HEAD COACH
- Promotes and encourages a positive, progressive, inclusive, supportive, and winning culture while being a persuasive leader, serving as the Head Coach for the entire VSC.
- Encourages and develops self-motivation among swimmers of all abilities; challenges and supports athletes to maximize their personal and team-oriented potential
- Dedicated Coach to the senior elite competitive swim groups.
- Develop and oversee competitive training programs for all age groups (with an emphasis on technique) in conjunction with the VSC group coaches.
- Develop and execute a seasonal plan to include training programs, goal setting, and dryland routines for all groups.
- Provide guidance and support to athletes during the college recruiting and/or decision process.
- Supervise swimmers and parents in accordance with VSC guidelines regarding travel procedures, Code of Conduct and SafeSport as outlined in the VSC Handbook.
- Ensure that accurate daily attendance records for all VSC swim groups are maintained
- Complies and ensures club compliance with USA Swimming and Sierra Nevada Swimming policies.
- Maintains a healthy professional relationship with the City of Vacaville Parks and Recreation and City leadership.
- Collaborates with the City of Vacaville Aquatics Director to ensure adequate pool space and practice time to run the team practice sessions, clinics, camps, events, and meets; coordinates with vendors and partners where necessary.
- Builds strong relationships with Sierra Nevada Swimming, USA Swimming and the other Western Zone swim clubs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other aquatic programs, including local high school swim programs, diving, and water polo, while supporting VSC members participating in other athletic activities.
- Ensures competitive swimmers maintain current registration with USA Swimming.
- Communicates regularly to club membership about current and upcoming program operations, including competition, social and fundraising events, and schedule changes.
- Collaborates with VSC Board on strategic planning, marketing, vision, communication, fundraising, scholarship program and other key initiatives.
- Works with the VSC Board on the swim team program annual budget and day-to-day finances.
- Collaborates with VSC Board to ensure that the team website hosted on Team Unify is up-to-date and functioning smoothly. Maintain and update team records.
- Communicate with VSC Board, parents, and swimmers in a courteous and timely manner during on-deck hours when appropriate, by phone, and/or email.
- Submit a schedule for meets and other scheduled activities to the VSC Board on a yearly and quarterly basis.
- Attend monthly VSC Board meetings
Staff Management and Development
- Staffing and assigning assistant coach/lifeguard staff as appropriate to all practices, team events and competitions.
- Recruit, retain, supervise, and mentor a productive and effective coaching and lifeguard staff, which includes conducting goal-setting meetings, observing and documenting performance and providing feedback to staff on a regular basis.
- Make recommendations on and encourage professional development (seminars, conventions, workshops, and other extended learning opportunities) for VSC coaches and lifeguards.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a hiring orientation program for all coaches.
- Complete an accurate and timely timesheet review of VSC Staff.
- Ensure proper coaching coverage for all practices and swim meets.
- Key Performance/Evaluation Factors include but are not limited to:
- Growth of team based on revenue, total team members, and athlete recruitment and retention year-to-year.
- Performance of team based on USA Swimming Club Excellence Rankings
- Performance of team on the Age Group Level (state-based) and Senior Level (Sectional and National-based)
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.
To apply, interested candidates should send coaching philosophy, resume including job qualifications or accomplishments, and introduction letter electronically to Ernest Monette, Board@vacavilleswimclub.com. Application materials must be submitted by October 15, 2021. If additional information is needed by the applicant the preferred contact method is by email. Posted 9/21/21
AQUATICS DIRECTOR with The Olympic Club
Oversee all aspects of the Aquatics staff, facilities, events, and programs (Swimming, Water Polo, Lessons, Camps/Clinics). This person is an active coach and administrator in these endeavors. Programs include: Junior Swimming, Masters Swimming, Roughwater Swimming, Men’s Water Polo, Women’s Water Polo, Recreational Swimming, Elite Athlete Swimming, Spin & Swim, Adult Water Fitness).
Reports to / Supervision Received:
1. Manager: Athletic Director
2. Direct Supervisor: Athletic Director
3. Indirect Reporting Relationship: Assistant Athletic Director
4. Supervises: All Aquatics Staff including Aquatics Manager, Junior Swim Coaches, and Lifeguards
Essential Functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
% of Time
1. Work with the Commissioners of Rough Water, Masters Swimming, Triathlon, and Water Polo in implementation of their respective programs. Assist in recruitment of new “Athletic” & “Accelerated” members in Aquatic programs. Help facilitate travel and registration reimbursements for travel trips.
2. Regular inspections and maintenance of pool areas and water conditioning at all OC pools (Sutter, Post, and Lakeside). Oversee purchase & maintenance of aquatics equipment for Swimming & Water Polo.
3. Coach a minimum of 50% of the Masters workouts. Attend and coach major masters swimming competitions.
4. Oversee all aspects of the Junior Swim programs with a focus on developing all levels of athletes. Organize and direct seasonal clinics and summer camps. Coach Junior workouts as appropriate.
5. Maintain up-to-date member communication boards, website/Olympian information, Aquatics displays, etc.
6. Supervise and oversee all Aquatics staff and operations including scheduling, payroll, administrative duties, Human Resource related issues, training/mentorship, staff recruitment, and other administrative duties assigned.
7. Planning, organizing, and running annual Trans Tahoe Relay, Olympic Club 1500 Meter Meet, Cal/Stanford Dinner, and Intra-Mural Swim Meet. Attendance at hosted events as well as the Short Course Nationals, Long Course Nationals, World’s Meets
8. Additional duties as assigned and/or requested of you by the Athletic Director and/or Club management.
Estimated Weekly Job Responsibilities:
- Coach an average of 22 hours a week of regular scheduled Masters and Junior Swim Practices.
- Travel an average of 2 weekends per month to outside competitions.
- Managing and leading current staff members.
- Plan weekly practices focusing on the execution of season training plans for Masters, Rough Water, and Junior Swimming programs.
- Support as available and appropriate for Water Polo teams in scheduling & training.
- Administration of work delegation, strategic department planning, monitoring process of upcoming events, account for income & expenditures, website & communications updates.
- Weekly departmental and staff meetings.
- Oversight of general cleaning & maintenance of all OC pools (Sutter, Post, and Lakeside) and surrounding areas.
HEAD COACH with Daly City Dolphins
Daly City Dolphins (DCD) Aquatic Club is looking for a salaried Head Coach, with a flexible schedule.
About DCD Aquatic Club:
DCD is a year-round club swimming team at Giammona Pool in Daly City. Our members range from entry-level swimmers to senior-level high school swimmers -- all of whom train hard, work as a team, and most importantly have fun whilst being immersed in the competitive world of swimming.
- Set and present the season’s work plan including in water workouts as well as out of water programs
- Set goals and performance plan for the athletes in each age group and the coaching staff
- Manage direct reports comprising of Age Group Trainer(s), Age Group Coach(es), and Assistant Head Coach
- Recruit, develop and coach direct reports to create growth path and retention to achieve strong bench for the coaching staff
- Be a partner to the Volunteer Parent Board regarding all business pertaining to the team’s daily operation, growth, and swimmers’ success
- Attend monthly Board meetings and share updates as they relate to the Coaching staff and athletes
- Manage and set up monthly ‘Time with Coach’ sessions, in conjunction with Board members where parents have an opportunity to meet and discuss progression of their athlete(s)
- Conduct try-out sessions twice monthly at minimum in an effort to continuously grow the team
- Represent DCD, its members, and Coaching staff proudly and positively
- In effort to keep communication open and ensure continued success of the team, there will be quarterly updates with designated Board Member(s) to discuss professional and personal growth pertaining to the position.
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 22-25 hours of practice per week in normal times. Currently we offer MWF evening and Saturday afternoon practices for roughly 15 hours per week. A typical month, when COVID restrictions end, will also likely include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions (An additional 8-10 hours each of these meet weekends).
- Must have a USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes.
- Must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. DCD does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
Job Type: Salaried with flexible schedule.
Pay: Commensurate with experience.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon to evening
- Saturday afternoon
Schedule (Post Covid):
- Monday to Friday afternoon to evening
- Sunday when we can have meets again
- High school degree or equivalent (Required)
- Sports coaching - 4 years (Preferred)
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 9/16/21
HEAD COACH with Reno Aquatic Club
The Reno Aquatic Club (www.RenoAquaticClub.org) located in Reno, Nevada (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, skilled Head Coach for its year round competitive swim program. We are seeking a level 4 or higher Head Coach for our competitive swim club, but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. Reno Aquatic Club carries a Bronze Medal through USA Swimming's Club recognition program and is a competitive swim team with a 49 year history. The team has swimmers from beginning level age group athletes to World Ranked Olympic Trial Qualifiers.The Club trains at different locations in Reno Nevada, including at an outdoor 50-meter pool and at an 8-lane indoor 25-yard pool. RAC is a nonprofit 501c3 organization and is supported by a parent run volunteer board of directors and coaches.
RAC currently has six training groups: Minis, Age Group, Pre-Seniors, Silver, Senior, and National that train year round. Seasonal groups include and not limited to Sunday Clinics, Spring Clinics and Summer Swim Team. RAC hosts two successful meets. One is a fall Age Group Open, short course at an indoor pool and the second is a summer long course competition. Both are regionally attended.
The individual selected for this full time position needs to be experienced in the day to day operation of a larger swim club, self motivated and organized.The Head Coach is responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including, but not limited to, exceptional communication skills with parents, swimmers, Board Members and coaching staff. The Head Coach must be a member in good standing in USA swimming. The Head Coach will be involved in setting Club policy, developing and implementing an overall vision and progression for the Club. The Head Coach needs to be instrumental in developing policies to benefit the overall welfare and development of the Club. Must execute Club policy as it pertains to the events, administrative functions assigned, or structural make up of the Club.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to Junior National / U.S. Trials
- ASCA Level 4 Certification
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office, Social Media Messaging)
- Basic financial skill set (P&L statements, budget process)
Swimmer and Team Development:
- Determine the assignment of swimmers to training groups, to include assessments and approval of swimmer advancements.
- Design and oversee the implementation of the seasonal training plans for all groups.
- Develop and/or ensure workouts are appropriate for the age group, including dryland training and regular stroke/technique clinics.
- Develop long-term goals and swim programs to meet these goals including seasonal and weekly training programs and work with swimmers to determine appropriate individual goals.
- Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team building.
- Provide input to every swimmer in the Head Coach’s group on a daily basis.
- The Reno Aquatic Club believes “Developing Champions in Life through Excellence in Swimming” and it is important that our Head Coach be actively involved in the recruitment, development and progression of swimmers at all levels of our progams
- Develop season meet schedule (SCY and LCM).
- Ensure all swim meets have adequate coaching coverage for all swimmers participating.
- Prepare meet entries in accordance with meet calendar and entry procedure for each meet.
- In the event of a travel meet, head coach will work with the assigned group coach and team travel coordinator to create the itinerary and select transportation and lodging as needed.
- Assist in planning the team travel budget, as needed.
- Attend all monthly Board of Director Meetings, parent and coaches’ meetings.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner, including but not limited to, attendance, job reviews, and monthly coach’s report.
- Complete and file all forms required by USA Swimming, and manage Safe Sport program.
- Manage and submit team entries when self entries are not available for a swim meet.
- Maintain current coach’s credentials as required by USA Swimming.
- Along with the Board of Directors, work with local city and business entities to ensure consistent swim schedule and pool/facility availability.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors on schedules, facilities or contracts.
- Actively support team fundraising activities.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the development and implementation of the annual budget, propose annual items to be considered for the budget and conduct Club activities in accordance with the parameters of the budget.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling the continuing education for the Head and Assistant Coaches.
- Will conduct him/herself in a professional manner at all times and in accordance with team and USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Safe Sport.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors the hiring or disciplining of assistant coaches.
- Develop training plan for all coaches, including the development of goals, evaluations, and monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure assistant coaches are fulfilling their responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate effectively to team members with weekly emails/newsletter/website
- Maintain weekly working hours for outside of the pool,
- Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program.
The team will be offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated salary range for the head coach will be starting at $60,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. The final salary amount, bonus incentives, and any other financial support are yet to be determined. A Nevada advantage is no state income tax.
To apply, interested candidates should send coaching philosophy, resume including job qualifications or accomplishments, and introduction letter electronically to Brook Hollinger, RenoCoachSearch@gmail.com. Application materials must be submitted by September 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm. If additional information is needed by the applicant the preferred contact method is by email.
September 4 - 19: Job posted for applicants to review and submit information electronically. Screening committee may contact individual candidates for additional information and inquiries if needed.
September 19: Job closes at 6:00 pm
September 20 - 24: Candidates who have passed initial paper screening will be contacted and given written questionnaire to be completed.
September 28 - October 1: Zoom interviews conducted with top candidates based upon written responses.
Mid-October: Personal interviews
Late October - early November: Contract accepted (The date is a target date and may change based upon new coach’s commitments)
*Timeline/dates are subject to change and are to be used as a guideline for the applicant and may change based upon interest and need. Posted 9/4/21
ASSISTANT COACHES with SUNN Swimming
SUNN is looking to hire 1 - 3 part time assistant coaches to help with our very experienced coaching staff. SUNN operates out of 4 pools in Sunnyvale and throughout the last year we have continued to build our membership.
Coaching age group or senior athletes in the afternoons/evenings. The planning and preparing of workouts will occasionally be required, as will attending regular staff meetings, and responding to emails. As society begins to re-open, attending weekend swim meets will also be an expectation. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coaches need to have current Safety Training for Swim Coaches, CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.
- Must also pass a background check and have either had current Athlete ProtectionTraining and Concussion Training or be in the process of finishing those courses.
- 1 - 3 years of coaching or teaching swim lessons is needed.
- Lifeguard certification is desirable, but not required.
- Experience in competitive swimming is ideal.
- Applicants need to enjoy working with children, seeing them grow and overcome challenges, and help them achieve their goals.
- Understand the importance of parental involvement in their child’s development and work to help build a parent’s understanding of our team and the sport of swimming.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Team Unify, may offer other opportunities to earn income.
- Part time employees are paid on an hourly basis, rate depending on experience.
- CA labor laws and overtime rules are followed.
For inquiries or to apply please email your resume and references to Bob Hill at email@example.com Posted 8/30/21
LIFEGUARDS with SUNN Swimming
SUNN is looking to hire part-time lifeguards to ensure the safety of our athletes in the water. SUNN operates out of 3 pools in Sunnyvale.
Open and/or close facilities, perform safety checks on pool deck, pool equipment, pool water and safety equipment. Provide a safe atmosphere for athletes, coaches and parents while on the pool deck. Enact EAP in the case of an emergency.
- Lifeguards must have current Lifeguarding and CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.
- Once hired, applicants must pass a background check and take Athlete ProtectionTraining and Concussion Protocol if over the age of 17.
- Good physical fitness and stamina.
- An interest in swimming and the ability to swim well.
- Good people skills and the ability to supervise.
- Awareness of health and safety procedures.
- Alertness and a sense of responsibility.
- The ability to remain calm and act appropriately in an emergency.
- Lifeguards begin at $16.50 per hour, with a higher starting pay for more experienced lifeguards
- CA labor laws and overtime rules are followed.
For inquiries or to apply please email your resume and references to Bob Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 8/30/21
ASSISTANT COACH FOR BEGINNING 10 & U and 11-12s with QuickSilver Swimming
QuickSilver is seeking a part-time assistant coach for the San Jose area to work mainly with beginning 10 & unders and 11-12s. QuickSilver is a USA Swimming Club Excellence Silver Medal team, Club Recognition Level 4, and Safe Sport Recognized Club.
Coaching age group swimmers for an afternoon/evening block from about 3:30- 7:30pm M-F and one swim meet a month. Qualifications needed include:1 year of coaching or swim lesson experience and/or 3 years of competitive swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, and must be able to work in a team coaching environment. Preferred qualifications include experience with bank-end operations, social media savvy, and/or event planning. Applicants must have USA Swimming coach certifications or ability to complete or renew prior to start date.
Part-time hourly position. QuickSilver offers compensation based on qualifications and benefits include medical, vision, dental, chiropractic, acupuncture, life insurance and 4013b. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Chief Operating Officer Liv Weaver at email@example.com Posted 8/19/21
ENERGETIC SITE LEAD with QuickSilver Swimming
QuickSilver is seeking site lead for the south San Jose area. QuickSilver is a USA Swimming Club Excellence Silver Medal team, Club Recognition Level 4, and Safe Sport Recognized Club.
Coach age group swimmers for an afternoon/evening block from about 3:00- 7:30pm M-F and one swim meet a month. Qualifications needed include: 2 year of coaching and/or 5 years of competitive swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, must be able to work in a team coaching environment, and a strong communicator. Ideal candidate is comfortable working with athletes of all ages from 4- 16 years. Preferred qualifications include experience with bank-end operations, hospitality/service training, social media savvy, and/or event planning.
Applicants must have USA Swimming coach certifications or ability to complete or renew prior to start date. Part-time hourly and/or salary non-exempt position with potential to turn-in to full-time salary. QuickSilver offers compensation based on qualifications and benefits include medical, vision, dental, chiropractic, acupuncture, life insurance and 4013b. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Chief Operating Officer Liv Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 8/19/21
ASSISTANT SWIM COACH with Los Gatos Swim Club
Los Gatos Swim Club is looking an assistant Swim Coach to help with its swim program and Masters Group. Applicants should be energetic, enthusiastic, and comfortable interacting with parents and other staff on a daily basis. We run a year round program as well as a summer league team
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Possess:
- Previous coaching/strong swimming experience
- Coaching certification or willingness to become certified.
- Knowledge of proper swimming technique and fundamentals
- Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
- Positive outgoing personality and patience
- Experience planning workouts and preparing swim meet lineups
SWIM COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Status: Part-time Hourly 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm or 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm; Masters Swim 5:30 am - 6:30 am
Compensation: Hourly depending on experience
Job Purpose: Lead and work with the Head Swim Team Coach and members during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Results:
- Responsible for assisting in all levels of the program.
- Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly and competitive environment.
- In the Head Coaches' absence, oversee all aspects of the program.
- Assists with Administration and conducting of swimming meets
- Assist in development and implementation of seasonal training plans for all age groups.
- Assist in planning and running of social events.
- Promotes swim team participation
- Prevents accidents and eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations.
- Responds quickly to all emergency situations and administers any first aid needed by the victim of an accident.
- Observes and enforces all rules and regulations of the facility
- Knowledge of Valley Aquatic League rules and ensures that all members are swimming according to league rules.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Arrives promptly to work
Physical Demands of Position:
- Standing and walking 95% of shift.
- Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
- Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping and grasping.
- Exposure to weather conditions.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
- Exposure to chemicals, inhalation and skin contact.
- Pushing and pulling. See hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.
Applicants please send resume to Shelbi Oskolkoff-Campbell at email@example.com Posted 8/17/21
YEAR-ROUND AGE GROUP COACH with PASA DZ Swim Site
The DZ SWIM site of PASA currently swims at the Foothills Tennis and Swim Club (FTSC) and Fletcher Middle School, both located in Palo Alto. We are seeking a year-round age group coach to work with swimmers ages 14 & younger for PASA. This person will also help coach the FTSC Summer League (May-July). The position includes the opportunity to work for FTSC in these roles: coach for the Summer League (May-July) team, Head Swim Instructor, Head Lifeguard, and/or teach swim lessons.
The position includes coaching pre-competitive groups (ages 5-10) and multiple competitive groups (ages 7-14), from beginner to intermediate swim levels. Coaching hours is typically from 4:00-7:30pm – Monday-Friday (with swim meets on some weekends).
- Able to teach all 4 competitive strokes.
- Able to provide in-water instruction.
- Able to provide constructive feedback and instruction to swimmers at all levels.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
Please send a resume and references to Head Coach/Owner Dave Zapp at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about our site of PASA, visit www.dzswim.com Posted 8/16/21
ASSISTANT COACHES with Pacifica Sea Lions Aquatic Club
The Pacifica Sea Lions Aquatic Club (PSL) is seeking swim coaches and instructors to work with our Bronze (beginner) and Junior Sea Lions (pre-competitive) groups. Practices are held between 4:00-7:00pm, Mon-Fri.
The Pacifica Sea Lions Aquatic Club (PSL) seeks a highly-qualified individual for the position of Assistant Swim Coach. PSL is a local, community-focused club of approximately 175 USA Swimming registered swimmers training and competing under the Pacifica Sea Lions name. PSL is a year-round competitive program that offers opportunities for all levels of swimmers. PSL is committed to supporting a broad range of swimmers, from beginner to Senior.
Our qualified coaching professionals focus on training the whole athlete, including nutritional education, mental and emotional health, dryland exercise (including injury prevention circuits and strength & conditioning routines), training and racing strategies and a strong emphasis on technical proficiency in the water. Our team trains in the Jean E. Brink Pool, a 10-lane, 25-yard short course indoor aquatics facility located at Oceana High School in Pacifica, California. PSL hosts multiple competitions per year with the support of their family volunteers.
About the Assistant Coaching Position:
The Assistant Coach must be dedicated to sustaining and strengthening our high performance and comprehensive swim program by aligning with the established goals set forth by the coaching staff and the PSL Organization. Under the direction of the Head Coach, the ideal candidate will help maintain a supportive, inclusive and safe learning environment for swimmers of multiple ages and experience levels. The assistant coach must also possess excellent interpersonal skills that will enable them to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals including the swimmers, their families, coaching staff, and pool facility management.
Basic Functions & Qualifications - Assistant Coach
- Assist the Head Coach with teaching PSL swimmers proper stroke development, and technique fundamentals
- Lead tiered group of swimmers during practice
- Have a passion for coaching and working with youth athletes of varying levels
- Assist with PSL activities such as: Fundraisers, special events, home and away meets.
- Substitute for other coaches as needed
- Ensure the safety of all swimmers by enforcing proper conduct during practices and swim meets
- Membership with USA Swimming
- Background check prior to hiring
- Complete “Athlete Protection Training”
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Protocol Training
- Prior experience working with youth swimmers (e.g. Assistant coach, Swim instructor, or other related experience)
- Sound technical understanding of swimming - believes in a process for swimmer development, committed to curriculum development.
- High level of integrity paired with a favorable reputation in the swimming community.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times
- Demonstrated self-awareness – recognizing emotions, strengths, challenges, drive, values, and goals; with an empathetic and highly relational skill set.
- Self-motivated and holds self and others to high standards, fosters a culture of accountability that rewards success and mentors for improvement.
- Highly collaborative and committed to a team atmosphere rather than individual achievement.
- Innovative and brings new ideas to transform and grow the club.
- Strong oral communication skills, ability to work with a diverse staff population
Key Performance/Evaluation Factors
- Annual performance evaluation by head coach and board
- Evaluations by athletes/athlete families
- Roster growth and athlete performance improvement and advancement
- Direct Supervisor: Pacifica Sea Lions Head Coach
- City of Pacifica Parks, Beaches, and Recreation department leadership, especially aquatics coordinator.
- Pacifica Sea Lions Board of Directors.
Compensation: Competitive wages based on experience.
Work Schedule: Part-time position. Schedule will vary based upon season and business needs. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To learn more about our club, visit www.PacificaSeaLions.com
Send resumes and cover letters to Gaku@PacificaSeaLions.com Posted 8/7/21
AQUATICS MANAGER AND SWIM COACH with University Club of Palo Alto
- Cover four to five University Club Sharks swim practices per week plus weeknight and weekend swim meet coverage, May-July.
- Work with swimmers at an introductory level.
- Help maintain and build program to ensure University Club member satisfaction.
- Guide and develop Junior Assistant Coaches in teaching proper fundamentals to younger swimmers.
- Cover five to six Matadero Creek Aquatic Club (MCAC) swim practices per week plus weekend swim meet coverage, September-July.
- Organize and develop practice regimens.
- Provide feedback to athletes and collaborate with other coaches.
- Uphold positive group dynamics along with challenging workload.
- Work to build groups beyond current structure.
- Five to six University Club Masters swim practices per week plus partial weekend swim meet coverage.
- Introduce weekly or bi-weekly clinics for University Club membership.
- Develop and lead various clinics for swimmers of all levels in the following areas:
- Competition starts & turns.
- Stroke Technique.
- Conditioning or Triathlete based swims.
- Water Polo
- Encouraged to fill schedule with unlimited amount of swim lesson instruction so long as it does not interfere with practice coaching hours and still allows for timely completion of administrative duties.
- Help train Assistant Instructors to teach proper methods while instructing swim lessons.
- Provide timely email and phone communication in response to departmental inquiries.
- Provide advanced notice to program participants regarding practice or meet information.
- Assume individual and program billing assignments.
- Assist with swim team entries for summer swim team and educate year-round families on how to complete entries for USA or Pacific Swimming meets.
- Ensure safety of the pool facility while on the grounds.
- Oversee Junior staff of Coaches and Instructors.
- Support Lifeguard supervision.
- Graciously interact with University Club Membership on a day-to-day basis.
- Work to resolve issues related to the Aquatics department or facility.
- Attend monthly Swim Committee meetings.
- Attend monthly Zone 1 North and Peninsula Swim Association meetings.
Opportunities for Development
- Create and instruct in or out of water fitness classes and personal training.
- Conduct interviews for staff openings.
- Pursue Certified Pool Operator certification.
- Begin or expand upon existing American Swim Coaches Association education and certifications.
Interested candidates should please submit resumes to email@example.com Posted 7/28/21
FULL-TIME SENIOR 2 COACH with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking a Full-time coach to lead the Senior 2 Group.
Alto trains at multiple facilities in the Palo Alto area, including the Avery Aquatic Center on the Stanford University campus. The team’s mission is to offer the best developmental and high performance programs in the country.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the Lead Senior 2 Coach is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program.
Coach the Senior 2 Group from 5 - 8 pm each night and assist with additional practice groups when the training schedule allows. The coach will be responsible for daily, weekly and season planning. The coach will typically attend 1-2 weekend meets per month, as well as travel meets and training camps throughout the year. In addition to on-deck responsibilities, the coach will be responsible for various group and team administrative duties.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Professional, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Head Coach Joey Sementelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about Alto Swim Club, visit www.altoswimclub.com Posted 7/23/21
AGE GROUP NOVICE COACH with Vallejo Aquatic Club
Vallejo Aquatic Club (VJO) is seeking an Age Group Coach for our Novice Groups starting August 23, 2021. Swim Team practices are held year round from 4-6 pm M-F at the Cunningham Pool in Vallejo, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: coaching age group swimmers (Novice 10 & Under Group and Intermediate 10-13 year old Group), working primarily on stroke technique and aerobic conditioning, tracking daily attendance, attending scheduled meets, team functions and coaches meetings.
Qualifications: Coaching experience, swim lesson instructor experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club and/or collegiate level needed. USA Swimming Coach Certification needed; including safety training, Athlete Protection, CPR and background check (or ability to do so right away). Wage is based on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Part-time (10-14 hours per week)
FULL-TIME LEAD AGE GROUP COACH with Burlingame Aquatic Club
About Burlingame Aquatic Club:
The Burlingame Aquatic Club (http://www.burlingameaquatics.com), located in Burlingame, is a non-profit, public benefit organization that provides high quality aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the Burlingame Aquatic Center on the campus of Burlingame HS, and we work in conjunction with the City of Burlingame and its Parks & Recreation Department.
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (LAGC) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The LAGC is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The successful candidate will be expected to work a minimum of 32 hours per week.
The LAGC will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached. This includes when to alter practice schedule to optimize training, social events, incentive programs, etc.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the LAGC on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The LAGC is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 22-25 hours of practice time per week as agreed to with the Coach, all at the Burlingame Aquatic Center or satellite pool locations, plus additional time spent preparing the facility for practices, meeting with coworkers, and responding to member inquiries. Some administrative work must be done on site at the aquatic facility, in addition to staff meetings. Practice hours include morning practice sessions, early afternoon practice sessions as well as the possibility of evening practice sessions. A typical month will also include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions (An additional 8-10 hours each of these meet weekends).
An additional 5-8 hours per week will be assigned by the HC to perform team-management related tasks.
The LAGC must have a strong background in the sport of swimming (USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background preferred) and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes. He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the technical needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor. The LAGC must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events. The LAGC must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of swimmers. He/she must be able to cooperate with all BAC staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
The LAGC must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. BAC does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Head Coach Ben Chung email@example.com
Wages are paid hourly and are commensurate with experience. Minimum starting wage for this position is $23/hour. Medical coverage for BAC full-time staff is available through Kaiser Permanente.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, with a target start date of August 30, 2021. Posted 7/19/21
ASSISTANT SWIM COACHES with Bulldog Swim Club
Bulldog Swim Club is seeking two part-time assistant swim coaches to coach age group swimmers at the College of San Mateo from about 3:00-7:00pm M-F. One coach will primarily work with our developmental groups, focusing on developing strong stroke mechanics and introducing elements of competitive training and racing, such as the racing start, flipturns, and using the pace clock. The other coach will primarily work with our swim team groups, will be responsible for writing workouts and managing communications with their primary training group, and will be expected to attend at least two days of swim meets each month. A general curriculum for each group will be provided to all coaches by the Head Coach. All coaches will be responsible for tracking the progress of their athletes.
REQUIRED: 3 or more years of coaching and/or 5 years of competitive swimming experience at the club, high school, or higher level; USA Swimming coaching certifications or the ability to complete or renew the certifications prior to start date; properly demonstrates and explains basic stroke mechanics; can analyze and track swimmers' progress, for stroke mechanics and/or aerobic capacity; communicates effectively and professionally with co-workers and parents; desires to work as a member of a supportive team of coaches, with a growth mindset.
PREFERRED: interest in professional development, administrative duties, and working towards full-time employment; experience setting up and running swim meets; experience with meet manager software; experience with TeamUnify back end; ASCA Level 2 or higher; Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.
Start date is early-to-mid August. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications. To apply, please send a resume and references to Aquatics Manager Nina Pineda at firstname.lastname@example.org; please specify which position you are interested in. Applicants will be reviewed starting Monday, July 12 and the position will remain open until filled. Posted 7/10/21
COACH POSITION with Pleasanton Seahawks
Pleasanton Seahawks is looking for a coach to fill two coaching positions with their Pre-Senior Group and Pre-Junior Group. The Pre-Senior Group trains from 3:30-5:30 PM and the Pre-Junior Group trains from 5:30-7:00 PM. Email Headcoach@pleasantonseahawks.org for details. Opening begins in September. Posted 7/1/21