Job postings are free to Pacific Swimming clubs; $50 for one month for non-member clubs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your job description to be posted. Non-Pacific Swimming clubs/organizations will receive an invoice allowing them to pay the ad fee and job descriptions will be posted upon receipt of payment.
If we have listed your opening, we would appreciate it if you would let us know when the position is filled or you no longer wish to have us list your advertisement by emailing email@example.com.
HIGH PERFORMANCE COACH with North Bay Aquatics
North Bay Aquatics in Marin County is looking for a high-performance coach(es) to fill out our staff. This position has potential to grow into a full-time role with the club in the future
- Support a healthy and safe learning environment for our athletes
- Recognize, support, and challenge each athlete
- Support North Bay’s mission to coach character and excellence through competitive swimming
- Attend 3-6 workouts per week (12-20 hours), including dryland, and support the vision of the groups lead coach (our Strength Training consultant programs dryland for coaches)
- Develop the attributes necessary to thrive at Senior Level swimming, including but not limited to:
- Team-First Attitude
- Attend about 1 swim meet per month
- Possibly attend staff meetings once per month
Compensation: $45-50/hour with possibility to grow into a full-time role
Interested candidates should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 9/3/23
HEAD AGE GROUP COACH with Los Gatos Swim Club
Los Gatos Swim Club is looking an assistant Swim Coach to help with its swim program. Applicants should be energetic, enthusiastic, and comfortable interacting with parents and other staff on a daily basis. We run a year round program as well as a summer league team
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Possess:
- Previous coaching/strong swimming experience, Coaching certification or willingness to become certified.
- Knowledge of proper swimming technique and fundamentals
- Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
- Positive outgoing personality and patience
- Experience planning workouts and preparing swim meet lineups
SWIM COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Status: Part-time Hourly 3:00pm-7:00pm or 3:00pm-5:30pm
Start Date: end of August
Compensation: $18-$35/hour, depending on experience
Job Purpose: Lead and work with the Head Swim Team Coach and members during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Results:
- Responsible for assisting in all levels of the program.
- Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly and competitive environment.
- In the Head Coaches absence, oversee all aspects of the program.
- Assists with Administration and conducting of swimming meets
- Assist in development and implementation of seasonal training plans for all age groups.
- Assist in planning and running of social events.
- Promotes swim team participation
- Prevents accidents and eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations.
- Responds quickly to all emergency situations and administers any first aid needed by the victim of an accident.
- Observes and enforces all rules and regulations of the facility
- Knowledge of Valley Aquatic League rules and ensures that all members are swimming according to league rules.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Arrives promptly to work
Physical Demands of Position:
- Standing and walking 95% of shift.
- Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
- Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping and grasping.
- Exposure to weather conditions.
- Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
- Exposure to chemicals, inhalation and skin contact.
- Pushing and pulling. See hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.
Applicants please send resume to Shelbi Oskolkoff-Campbell at email@example.com Posted 8/31/23
DEVELOPMENTAL COACH with Pleasanton Seahawks
The Pleasanton Seahawks are seeking a developmental Coach for three groups effective immediately. Novice 3, Junior Varsity and Varsity 1 Groups swim Monday through Friday evening. Total salary is $29,200 per year plus meet pay, team size bonus, ASCA membership and Napa Clinic fees. We pay for all required certifications. Must have Lifeguard certification or be able to complete Lifeguard training ASAP.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Posted 8/24/23
PART-TIME AGE GROUP COACH with Napa Valley Swim Team
The Napa Valley Swim Team (NVST) is seeking a part-time coach to join our well-established coaching staff. The coach will oversee three important introductory levels: Novice 2 (ages 9-11), Junior Varsity (ages 10-12) and Pre-Seniors (13-18). NVST operates out of one of two pools (depending on time of year) in the City of Napa in the beautiful Napa Valley. Ideally, the new coach would start on October 1.
Coaching Novice 2, Junior Varsity, and Pre-Senior Groups which includes preparing and running practices consistent with NVST philosophy, communicating with group athletes and parents, and attending meets when group athletes are competing. The job will also include responsibilities arising from being an involved member of the coaching staff, like contributing to wet-side administration and attending staff meetings and team events.
A qualified candidate must:
- Be a fully certified USA Swimming coach including having a current background check, Athlete Protection Training, and all other pertinent requirements, or must prove that status will be attained prior to the job’s start date.
- Have a minimum of two years of coaching experience and preferably three or more.
The ideal candidate should:
- Enjoy working with children and helping with their personal and athletic development.
- Coach with positivity, encouragement, and enthusiasm.
- Love the sport of swimming.
- Be able to work well and communicate effectively with swim parents.
- Be a reliable coworker.
- Have a sound grasp of swimming technique and age-appropriate teaching and training concepts.
- Be willing to continue to learn and grow professionally.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, appropriate for the approximately 14 hours of on-deck coaching per week and duties pertaining thereto. The position has potential for growth by mutual agreement of the team and coach. A qualified candidate may also have the opportunity for a profit-sharing partnership in our lesson program.
How to Apply:
Please send an email indicating your interest along with a resume and three professional references to Asher Green at email@example.com. All inquiries will be kept confidential. Posted 8/22/23
FULL-TIME AGE GROUP COACH with Alto Swim Club
Alto Swim Club is seeking a full-time Age Group Coach.
Alto Swim Club is the premier USA swimming team in the Palo Alto and Stanford area; our mission is to be the best developmental and high performance swim team in the United States. We offer a comprehensive swim program for all athletes, from the beginner swimmer to the Olympian.
We are looking for a full-time Age Group Coach to join our close-knit coaching family and community. The Age Group Coach will lead practices for multiple 12 & Under groups. They will be involved in all aspects of team development and management.
Practices are generally from 3:30 - 8pm in the Palo Alto area — exact hours will depend on our pool schedule throughout the year. The coach will be responsible for daily, weekly, and season workout planning and will typically attend 1-2 weekend meets per month.
- Coaching and / or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Current USA Swimming coach certifications.
- Passion for developing swimmers of all ages.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training.
- Enthusiastic, hard working, and highly motivated team player.
Alto Swim Club offers competitive compensation based on qualifications.
How to apply:
Please send your resume to Head Coach Joey Sementelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
To get to know our team better, please check out www.altoswimclub.com Posted 8/22/23
MULTIPLE COACH POSITIONS with QuickSilver Swimming
SITE LEAD COACH
QuickSilver is seeking a site coach for an Almaden area site with mainly 10&u groups. Coaching age group swimmers for an afternoon/evening block from about 3:30- 7:30pm M-F and up to two days of meets per month. Qualifications needed include: 1 year of coaching and 5 years of competitive swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, and must be able to work in a team coaching environment.
PART-TIME ASSISTANT 10 & UNDER COACH
QuickSilver is seeking a part-time assistant coach for the south San Jose area to assist with 10 & under groups. Coaching age group swimmers for an afternoon/evening block from about 3:30- 7:30pm M-F and up to two days of meets per month. Qualifications needed include: 1 year of coaching and/or 5 years of competitive swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, and must be able to work in a team coaching environment.
PART-TIME DEVELOPMENTAL GROUP COACH
QuickSilver is seeking a coach for a beginning 8 & under group and 11-14 group. Hours are limited to 6:00-7:30pm with potential to add in future, if desired. Meet hours are up to two days of meets per month. Qualifications needed include: 1 year of coaching or lesson instruction and/or 5 years of competitive swimming experience, strong understanding of stroke mechanics, enthusiastic and highly motivated team player, and must be able to work in a team coaching environment.
Applicants must be able to work in a team coaching culture and be able to learn team curriculum for various group levels. Applicants must have USA Swimming coaching certification including background check or ability to complete or renew prior to start date. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. Positions are part-time hourly or part-time salary non-exempt position, depending on candidate experience and goals. QuickSilver offers compensation based on qualifications and club benefits include medical, vision, dental, chiropractic, acupuncture, life insurance and 4013b.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Chief Operating Officer Liv Weaver at email@example.com Posted 8/17/23
FULL-TIME ASSISTANT COACH with Vallejo Aquatics Club
Vallejo Aquatics Club is seeking a full-time Assistant Coach.
Vallejo Aquatics Club (VJO) is looking for a knowledgeable and passionate person who loves to coach young athletes and help them progress both in and out of the swimming pool. The assistant coach will report and work with the Head Coach of VJO to help streamline a program where the coaches all work together towards the end goal for our athletes.
VJO is a long standing program that has a history and tradition of creating good swimmers from good teachers of the sport. VJO’s mission is to become a premier program in the Bay Area and will look to offer all aspects of a swim program from the 8 & Under groups all the way up to a National Level Group.
Practices are from 3:45PM - 7:30PM, Monday through Friday.…with the occasional Saturdays. Times may vary during the Summer months when VJO uses CSU Maritime’s pool for LCM practices. The coach will be responsible for creating a daily and seasonal work out plan, working together with the coaching staff regarding team aspects, along with finding ways to help grow and build our team and community.
- Minimum of 4 years coaching college, club, rec. swimming, or high school.
- Passion to learn and teach the fundamentals of this sport to all ages.
- Strong Communication, Organizational, and Administrative Skills.
- Must be current and/or meet all of the USA Swimming Requirements
- All certifications and tests completed for USA Swimming.
- All certifications from Red Cross including;
- First Aid
- Lifeguarding or Water Safety for Swim Coaches
- USA Swimming background check
VJO offers compensation based on qualifications. VJO does have other available ways of compensation through a swim lessons program, and water polo.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to the Head Coach, Donny Mata, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get to Know our Team
VJO Website : https://www.teamunify.com/team/vjo/page/home
VJO Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/vjoswimming/ Posted 8/16/23
PART-TIME ASSISTANT SWIM COACH with Bay Club Panthers (Redwood City, CA)
We are seeking dynamic and hard-working individual with a passion for aquatics to motivate, encourage, inspire, and change the lives of our members. We are a high-growth company looking for fitness professionals with an expertise in aquatics instruction and swim coaching. Our mission is to make a difference in our communities by making people happier and healthier.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver an exceptional experience to members, guests and Associates
- Provides instruction; provide specific and corrective feedback to each client at each session, as applicable
- Design and deliver effective and rewarding sessions and workouts, as applicable
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress; follow progression guidelines, as applicable
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions/shifts
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and training
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
- Schedule varies and may require weekend and holiday hours, days and evenings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications or Swim Coach Safety Training
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bay Club Company (“TBCC”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race (and all traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed (including, but not limited to, religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, and breastfeeding, and other related medical conditions), sexual orientation and identity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, actual or perceived national origin/ancestry, accent or ability to speak English, age, disability, marital/familial status, source of income, veteran status, citizenship status, political activities or affiliations, medical condition, genetic information, persons with AIDS or AIDS-related condition, or persons who are victims of domestic violence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume/cover letter to Laszlo Perlaky, Director of Aquatics at email@example.com Posted 8/15/23
PART-TIME SWIM COACH with Gators Swim Club (El Cerrito, CA)
The City of El Cerrito is located near the east shore of the San Francisco Bay, and is an ethnically diverse community offering a high quality of life within one of the nation's most sophisticated and beautiful living areas. The Recreation Department manages a full range of recreational and special activities for youth, adults, and seniors.
The Gators Swim Club is seeking a part-time Swim Coach. Gators has 3 age groups: Seniors, Juniors, and Stroke Development. Practices are typically Monday – Friday 4:30pm-7pm depending on the age group.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES)
- Essential responsibilities and duties depend on assignment and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proficient knowledge and experience with proper aquatic exercise techniques, competitive stroke mechanics, and safety skills.
- Effectively instruct and lead aquatic fitness classes, swim team programs to varying age groups.
- Responsible for choreographing, goal setting, and leading water fitness classes and/or swim team workouts.
- Evaluate each student to ensure that the properly performing exercises and swimming strokes in a manner that is safe for him/her.
- Perform administrative duties related to running instructional classes and/or a swim team.
- Responds to emergency situations as required including performing CPR and first aid as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eighteen years (18) of age or older and one or more years teaching experience in an aquatic facility.
- Certification from a nationally recognized competitive swimming organization such as USA Swimming, or equivalent.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training.
Swim Coach (Aquatics Specialist I)
Salary: $22.56-$27.42 Hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: El Cerrito Swim Center, 7007 Moeser Lane, El Cerrito, 94530
Questions about the position can be sent to Head Coach Blake Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org Posted 8/7/23
HEAD COACH with Mavericks Swim Team
Mavericks Swim Team is seeking an enthusiastic full time or part head coach to unify and lead our youth and junior club swim team. Mavericks is a community club team that develops swimmers at all levels up to 18 years of age.
Mavericks mission statement: Movement, Mastery, and Excellence. . . makes Big WAVES in Big Ways! Through hard work, discipline, determination, and excellent sportsmanship our swimmers will excel in swimming, learn training/work life balance skills, learn to set personal and team goals, and make connections that will continue to flow through their lives and the communities they live in. *Creating Mavericks strong waves!!!
Half Moon Bay is a warm, close-knit community, and this coach is an integral part of Half Moon Bay and Coastside swim community.
- 3 years USA Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Experience organizing swimmers and practices based on individual needs and ability
- Positive communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Up to date with current stroke technique and practice development
- Vision oriented and collaborative hard working, and highly motivated
- USA swimming background check and current USA swimming certified coach
We look forward to welcoming a coach that appreciates a strong sense of community, has a love and passion for coaching kids of all ages and abilities, and has the above qualification.
Practices are held at Half Moon Bay High School swimming pool. Hours can fluctuate depending on High School and community events. The coach is responsible for planning daily workouts that align with the ability of each group and attending monthly swim meets.
Mavericks is oﬀering a competitive Coastside salary commensurate with experience
Contact Heather Prince, email@example.com Posted 5/18/23