Every year Pacific Swimming puts together teams for All-Star meets. Each team has varying levels of requirements and restrictions for eligibility. More complete information regarding each of these meets, including applications, will be posted when it is available.
Western Zone All-Star Meet
Pacific Swimming takes up to 72 swimmers to the Western Zone All-Star Meet to compete against teams from Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. Generally held in early August, Pacific Swimming athletes ages 14 & under who have met the meet time standards, and have not competed in an individual event at Junior or Senior Nationals, are eligible to apply.
The Western Zone Age Group Championship will be held August 3-6, 2022 in Elk Grove, CA. Pacific Swimming plans to field a full team of up to 72 athletes. .
2022 Western Zone Coach Application - Due Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Western Zones 2022
- A maximum of 72 athletes will be selected to compete at Western Zones. Age groups are 10/under, 11-12, and 13-14 (up to 12 swimmers per age group and gender).
- Qualifying times must be swum between August 8, 2021 – June 3, 2022. Selections are based on athletes’ best SCY times as very few LCM meets have been conducted by the entry deadline.
- Athletes who have competed in more than one (1) individual event at any USA Swimming U.S Open, Junior Nationals, or Senior National Championships are ineligible for the 2022 Pacific Swimming Western Zones All-Star Team. Please see specific meet rules for other meet requirements.
- Eligible athletes who earn 5 or more WZQTs will be considered for the team. If more than 12 athletes per age group have 5 WZQTs, the coaching staff will select the 12 or more per age group who have the best ability to score at the meet based on prior meet top 10 times. If less than 12 athletes are placed in the age group, then the remainder of the team will be selected by #5-9 below.
- Eligible athletes with 4 WZQTs are considered, regardless of age group. In the event of a tie for the final place, the tie-breaking method in the previous paragraph will be used.
- Eligible athletes with 3 WZQTs are considered, regardless of age group. In the event of a tie for the final place, the tie-breaking method stated above will be used.
- At least 4 eligible athletes will be selected to the team in each age group. If fewer than 4 athletes are selected, then the remaining athletes up to the minimum of 4 will be selected.
- Once 4 athletes have been selected in each age group, each age group will be considered to verify that there is an athlete from each stroke (fly, back, breast, sprint free, middle distance free, distance free, and IM) represented. If the age group is void in a stroke, then the top athletes in that age group, in that stroke from #3 above will be considered for the team.
- Once all athletes who have applied have been considered, there are at least 4 athletes per age group, and all the strokes have been considered, if the coaching staff believes that there are no other athletes with the potential to make finals or help the team's relays, then no other athletes will be placed on the team, even if it is less than 72 athletes.
Pacific Coast All-Star Meet
Each January, Pacific Swimming takes up to 32 swimmers to the Pacific Coast All-Star Meet to compete against teams from Oregon, Pacific Northwest, and Southern California. To be eligible, a swimmer must be between the ages of 11-14 and a current member of Pacific Swimming.
The 2022 Pacific Coast All-Star meet will be hosted by Pacific Swimming and takes place in Pacifica, CA, on January 8-9, 2022. 32 swimmers will be selected to compete (age groups 11-12, and 13-14).
Congratulations to our 2022 Team!
Pacific Swimming Zone Challenge
Each March, all five zones (1N, 1S, 2, 3, 4) select up 64 swimmers, ages 14 & under, to compete in the PC Zone Challenge Meet. To be eligible to participate in this meet a swimmer cannot have competed in either Western Zones, North American Challenge Cup, or Pacific Coast All-Stars.
The 2022 meet will be held on February 22, 2022, in Zone 2. Stay tuned for more details.