July 22, 2014 - Changes to Senior Swimming Meet Structure
This September, Pacific Swimming is changing the format of it's Senior Swimming meet structure. No longer will meets be assigned a SR-I, SR-II, SR-III or SR-IV designation. Meets will now be assigned the following titles: SR Open, SR-II or SR Circuit. Detailed information on each of these types of meets can be found below:
- Swimmers 13/Over are eligible to compete without a qualifying standard
- Swimmers 11 and 12 years old are eligible to swim in events where they meet the SR-Open time standard.
- Swimmers 10/Under are ineligible to compete.
- All SR-Open meets are timed final only.
- All swimmers must meet quaifying standards to compete.
- Swimmers 13/Over must meet the SR-II time standard in one event. To compete in additional events, 13/Over swimmers must meet the SR-Open time standard.
- Swimmers 12 years old are eligile to compete if they meet the SR-II time standard. 12 year old swimmers are not eligibile to enter bonus events.
- Swimmers 11/Under are ineligible to compete in SR-II competitions.
- SR-II meets can either be run as a timed final or a trials & finals meet. Discretion falls on the meet host.
- Swimmers must meet the SR-Circuit time standard in one event to compete.
- Swimmers may enter an additional two bonus events. Bonus times will be the SR-II time standard.
- Swimmers 12/Under are ineligible to compete in SR-Circuit competitions.
- All SR-Circuit meets will be trials & finals.
New Senior time standards are now available. Download your copy now.