September 29, 2021 - Congratulations to National Diversity Select Team Members!
The National Diversity Select Camp, which will be held October 21-24, 2021, will provide 56 athletes from diverse backgrounds and under-represented populations with the opportunity to participate in a one-of-a-kind swimming experience. In the three-day camp, campers will participate in pool training, motivational and educational sessions, as well as team-building activities. 2020 Tokyo Olympic alumni of the program include Simone Manuel, Jay Litherland, Torri Huske and Natalie Hinds.
The goal of USA Swimming’s National Diversity Select Camp is to:
- Demonstrate the viability of multicultural success in swimming
- Achieve performance excellence at every level of the sport
- Expound the benefits and value of participating in the sport of swimming
- Assist in recruiting more swimmers and coaches from diverse ethnicities to the sport of swimming
- Develop positive leaders and role models that others from multicultural backgrounds can emulate.
Congratulations to the following swimmers for their selection to the National Diversity Select Camp:
Brendon Chang (BSW)
Parker Del Balso (BAC)
Ryan Lin (BAC)
Elayna Ling (PLS)
Abigail Ninan (SCSC)
Christopher Winalski (QSS)
For the full roster, click here